Quantcast

Self signed cert for https://download.services.openoffice.org

Tim Ruehsen
I am just updating example links from HTTP to HTTPS in my software and
stumbled upon that self signed certificate. Modern browsers are pretty much
blocking those things.

Maybe you can update your cert resp. forward this email to the responsible
persons !?

With Best Regards

        Tim Rühsen

Re: Self signed cert for https://download.services.openoffice.org

Marcus (OOo)
Am 28.02.2017 um 15:08 schrieb Tim Ruehsen:
> I am just updating example links from HTTP to HTTPS in my software and
> stumbled upon that self signed certificate. Modern browsers are pretty much
> blocking those things.
>
> Maybe you can update your cert resp. forward this email to the responsible
> persons !?

first of all, please make sure that you don't use outdated URLs like
this one. ;-) It's unused for years. The official download website is:

https://.www.openoffice.org/download/

And this one is not self-signed.

PS:
All URLs with *.services.openoffice.org are no longer used.

HTH

Marcus

Re: Self signed cert for https://download.services.openoffice.org

Matthias Seidel
Hi Marcus,

Actually you can also use https://download.openoffice.org which is then
redirected to https://openoffice.org/download

As the certificate for this domain is only valid until 20.07.2017 it
must be renewed anyway...
I will ask Infra to apply for a new certificate that is valid not only
for openoffice.org but also for sub domains.
(like templates / extensions.openoffice.org)

Kind regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:34:23 PM CET Marcus wrote:

> Am 28.02.2017 um 15:08 schrieb Tim Ruehsen:
> > I am just updating example links from HTTP to HTTPS in my software and
> > stumbled upon that self signed certificate. Modern browsers are pretty
> > much
> > blocking those things.
> >
> > Maybe you can update your cert resp. forward this email to the responsible
> > persons !?
>
> first of all, please make sure that you don't use outdated URLs like
> this one. ;-) It's unused for years. The official download website is:
>
> https://.www.openoffice.org/download/
Thanks, Marcus.

Well, I am just cleaning up links mentioned in source codes. They have been
there as example for Metalink downloads. Doesn't www.openoffice.org/download
support Metalink any more ? In this case I would completely remove those
references.

BTW, the download button (on https://www.openoffice.org/download) link to
insecure http://sourceforge.net/...
Sourceforge itself then redirects to https://...
IMO, this extra step is not needed.

Best Regards, Tim

Am 01.03.2017 um 10:01 schrieb Tim Ruehsen:
> BTW, the download button (on https://www.openoffice.org/download) link to
> insecure http://sourceforge.net/...
> Sourceforge itself then redirects to https://...
> IMO, this extra step is not needed.
>
> Best Regards, Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the pointer, I just fixed it...
If something should not work as expected just drop me a line.

Kind regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Self signed cert for https://download.services.openoffice.org

Marcus (OOo)
> Actually you can also use https://download.openoffice.org which is then
> redirected to https://openoffice.org/download
>
> As the certificate for this domain is only valid until 20.07.2017 it
> must be renewed anyway...
> I will ask Infra to apply for a new certificate that is valid not only
> for openoffice.org but also for sub domains.
> (like templates / extensions.openoffice.org)

that would be great.

Thanks

Marcus