Senator John McCain

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Senator John McCain

Daniel Carrera-2
Since the social list is active again, I thought that American voters
might be interested in this YouTube video about John McCain:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1750591377151076231

Vote Obama 2008!

Daniel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Senator John McCain

John Meyer-8
Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Since the social list is active again, I thought that American voters
> might be interested in this YouTube video about John McCain:
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1750591377151076231
>
> Vote Obama 2008!



Whatever you feel about McCain, that was an American political figure
walking around in a foreign country, not just some joe off the street.  
I'll have more credit for this if Candidate Obama returns to doing
marches in the back of a convertible with the rooftop down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Senator John McCain

Daniel Carrera-2
John Meyer wrote:
> Whatever you feel about McCain, that was an American political figure
> walking around in a foreign country, not just some joe off the street.  
> I'll have more credit for this if Candidate Obama returns to doing
> marches in the back of a convertible with the rooftop down.


I'm sure that the point of the video is not about body armour but about
McCain's truthfulness and consistency ("yes I know a lot about economics
... no I don't know much about economics").

Daniel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Senator John McCain

Pat McBride
No matter how many bodyguards he has around him, a sniper can still get him!
Remember JFK???????
Give the guy credit for guts, he went there, he may have made mistakes, but
he did go there.  I haven't heard of too many politicians in recent history
who've gone to a war zone; just George Bush,  our Prime Minister, and
Senator McCain - who by the way is a war veteran and a former POW.  He knows
what its all about, all same George Bush Sr.

Personally, I believe that you guys in the States who can vote should
remember that the guy (or God forbid!) woman is gonna be making decisions
that will affect the whole world.  Not just Iraq, Afghanistan (where we also
have troops), or America; JUST THE WHOLE DARNED WORLD!  Think about it,
please.   Vote, because guys like me put our lives on the line so you could
vote, because you have the freedom to say your piece, you have the freedom
to vote as you like, and no arrogant SOB with a gun can take that away from
you.  We just ask you, vote as you wish, but vote wisely.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Carrera [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 2008/05/20 13:34
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [social] Senator John McCain


John Meyer wrote:
> Whatever you feel about McCain, that was an American political figure
> walking around in a foreign country, not just some joe off the street.
> I'll have more credit for this if Candidate Obama returns to doing
> marches in the back of a convertible with the rooftop down.


I'm sure that the point of the video is not about body armour but about
McCain's truthfulness and consistency ("yes I know a lot about economics
... no I don't know much about economics").

Daniel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1456 - Release Date: 08/05/20
06:45


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Senator John McCain

Daniel Carrera-2
Pat McBride wrote:
> No matter how many bodyguards he has around him, a sniper can still get him!
> Remember JFK???????

I don't think you are understanding the point here. No one (but McCain)
has said that he shouldn't have body armour. The point of the video is
about inconsistencies. He said "we walk down the street without body
armour" and he is shown wearing body armour. He says "I know a lot about
economics" and then "I don't know much about economics".

I don't understand why some people didn't get the point. The entire
video is nothing more than one clip followed another clip where in the
first clip he says one thing and in the other he says or does the
opposite. Look, it's "ok" if he needs body armour and its "ok" if he is
not an expert in the economy. It'd just be nice if he stuck with one story.


> Personally, I believe that you guys in the States

I'm not in the States.

Daniel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Senator John McCain

Ian Lynch
On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 09:28 +0200, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Pat McBride wrote:
> > No matter how many bodyguards he has around him, a sniper can still get him!
> > Remember JFK???????
>
> I don't think you are understanding the point here. No one (but McCain)
> has said that he shouldn't have body armour. The point of the video is
> about inconsistencies. He said "we walk down the street without body
> armour" and he is shown wearing body armour. He says "I know a lot about
> economics" and then "I don't know much about economics".
>
> I don't understand why some people didn't get the point. The entire
> video is nothing more than one clip followed another clip where in the
> first clip he says one thing and in the other he says or does the
> opposite. Look, it's "ok" if he needs body armour and its "ok" if he is
> not an expert in the economy. It'd just be nice if he stuck with one story.
>
>
> > Personally, I believe that you guys in the States
>
> I'm not in the States.

Funny how everyone in the USA automatically seems to assume that
everyone is there :-)

There is a theory that hypocrisy is a necessary attribute of a healthy
democracy. Politicians can never live up to the standards we expect. In
a totalitarian state they don't have to. They know they are lying, the
people know they are lying but no-one can do anything.

Ian
--
New QCA Accredited IT Qualifications
www.theINGOTs.org

You have received this email from the following company: The Learning
Machine Limited, Reg Office, 36 Ashby Road, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79
8AQ. Reg No: 05560797, Registered in England and Wales.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Senator John McCain

Wesley Parish
In reply to this post by Pat McBride
On Wednesday 21 May 2008 16:27, Pat McBride wrote:
<snip>
> Give the guy credit for guts, he went there, he may have made mistakes, but
> he did go there.  I haven't heard of too many politicians in recent history
> who've gone to a war zone; just George Bush,  our Prime Minister, and
> Senator McCain - who by the way is a war veteran and a former POW.  He

Personally I don't see him as a "war hero", any more than I would regard
Imperial Japanese Navy Admiral Nishimura as a "war hero".  Google the said
Admiral Nishimura and find out how he handled his final task.  My apologies
to Japanese members of this list, comparing him with McCain ...

> knows what its all about, all same George Bush Sr.
<snip>

Wesley Parish
--
Clinersterton beademung, with all of love - RIP James Blish
-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?
You ask, what is the most important thing?
Maku e ki, he tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
I reply, it is people, it is people, it is people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Senator John McCain

Pat McBride
I'm not singling out McCain and Bush as war heroes, as all the guys and gals
who served on both sides can be considered as heroes because they fought
(and a lot died) for their country.  And Google pointed that Nishimura was a
'hard luck' admiral.

I've talked, and worked with, guys who served in Viet Nam, and had to deal
with a couple of guys who are ex-POWs.  McCain served his country there,
right or wrong is a matter of opinion, but he did what he thought was right.
He survived being a POW, came back, and still serves the US.

Up here in Canada, about 15 miles from where I live, we have the world's
largest collection of US draft dodgers, all of whom are growers of 'a funny
green plant-like material' that they can sell for hundred of dollars (US$)
and still collect welfare, which I have to pay for in my taxes.

I'm not much of a red-neck, but there are some things that we all have to
stand for.  The one binding force (other than gravity, hey, Daniel?) is our
humour.  Without it, we'd be a pretty sorry bunch.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Wesley Parish [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 2008/05/21 02:38
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [social] Senator John McCain


On Wednesday 21 May 2008 16:27, Pat McBride wrote:
<snip>
> Give the guy credit for guts, he went there, he may have made mistakes,
but
> he did go there.  I haven't heard of too many politicians in recent
history
> who've gone to a war zone; just George Bush,  our Prime Minister, and
> Senator McCain - who by the way is a war veteran and a former POW.  He

Personally I don't see him as a "war hero", any more than I would regard
Imperial Japanese Navy Admiral Nishimura as a "war hero".  Google the said
Admiral Nishimura and find out how he handled his final task.  My apologies
to Japanese members of this list, comparing him with McCain ...

> knows what its all about, all same George Bush Sr.
<snip>

Wesley Parish
--
Clinersterton beademung, with all of love - RIP James Blish
-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?
You ask, what is the most important thing?
Maku e ki, he tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
I reply, it is people, it is people, it is people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1458 - Release Date: 08/05/21
07:21


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Senator John McCain

Pat McBride
In reply to this post by Ian Lynch
Well, actually, I just figured out today that you're still living in the
Commonwealth, unlike our cousins 'south of 49' who left some time ago after
a dispute about tea.  Must be why they're all drinking coffee now. :)  I
tried Starbucks coffee the other day, remined me of the time that I
accidently got some used crankcase oil in my mouth.

Our neighbour's daughter was in your neck of the woods last year, while
studying in Australasia.  Said it's a really a beautiful country, almost as
beautiful as BC.  But then, she's prejudiced cuz we live about 15 minutes
from the foothills of the Rocky Mountains; next weekend we're going
prospecting in them thar foothills looking for gold, of which there's still
some around.

So, have a happy winter, we just had ours. :) :)

pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Lynch [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 2008/05/21 02:07
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [social] Senator John McCain


On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 09:28 +0200, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Pat McBride wrote:
> > No matter how many bodyguards he has around him, a sniper can still get
him!

> > Remember JFK???????
>
> I don't think you are understanding the point here. No one (but McCain)
> has said that he shouldn't have body armour. The point of the video is
> about inconsistencies. He said "we walk down the street without body
> armour" and he is shown wearing body armour. He says "I know a lot about
> economics" and then "I don't know much about economics".
>
> I don't understand why some people didn't get the point. The entire
> video is nothing more than one clip followed another clip where in the
> first clip he says one thing and in the other he says or does the
> opposite. Look, it's "ok" if he needs body armour and its "ok" if he is
> not an expert in the economy. It'd just be nice if he stuck with one
story.
>
>
> > Personally, I believe that you guys in the States
>
> I'm not in the States.

Funny how everyone in the USA automatically seems to assume that
everyone is there :-)

There is a theory that hypocrisy is a necessary attribute of a healthy
democracy. Politicians can never live up to the standards we expect. In
a totalitarian state they don't have to. They know they are lying, the
people know they are lying but no-one can do anything.

Ian
--
New QCA Accredited IT Qualifications
www.theINGOTs.org

You have received this email from the following company: The Learning
Machine Limited, Reg Office, 36 Ashby Road, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79
8AQ. Reg No: 05560797, Registered in England and Wales.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1458 - Release Date: 08/05/21
07:21


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Senator John McCain

Daniel Carrera-2
In reply to this post by Pat McBride
Pat McBride wrote:
> I'm not singling out McCain and Bush as war heroes,

Bush never even went to war. He is one of the draft dodgers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/sep/29/uselections2000.usa

Daniel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Senator John McCain

Robert Derman
Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Pat McBride wrote:
>> I'm not singling out McCain and Bush as war heroes,
>
> Bush never even went to war. He is one of the draft dodgers.
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/sep/29/uselections2000.usa
>
> Daniel.
I think it was Bush Sr. they were referring to, he was a WWII fighter pilot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Senator John McCain

Daniel Carrera-2
Robert Derman wrote:
>> Bush never even went to war. He is one of the draft dodgers.
>>
>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/sep/29/uselections2000.usa
>>
> I think it was Bush Sr. they were referring to, he was a WWII fighter
> pilot.


Ah.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Senator John McCain

Pat McBride
In reply to this post by Daniel Carrera-2
Wrong Bush.  Daddy Bush was a US Navy bomber pilot and got shot down in the
Pacific Ocean.

George W. is a Bush looking to be pruned, the sooner the better.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Carrera [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 2008/05/22 01:34
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [social] Senator John McCain


Pat McBride wrote:
> I'm not singling out McCain and Bush as war heroes,

Bush never even went to war. He is one of the draft dodgers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/1999/sep/29/uselections2000.usa

Daniel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1459 - Release Date: 08/05/21
17:34


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]