Setting up Newsgroups in TB

Rick Morgan
Again, this is probably stupid but I'll ask anyway. My brain is mush by now
from working on getting this new computer setup working. But I haven't been
able to find an step-by-step instructions on how to set up Newsgroups in
Thunderbird. I was using OUTLOOK EXPRESS on my old computer for that and
OUTLOOK for regular email. Someone else set them up for me years ago. Can
someone point me to the right place to find these directions?  Thanks, Rick

OT: Setting up Newsgroups in TB

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 13:02 -0500, Rick Morgan wrote:
> Again, this is probably stupid but I'll ask anyway. My brain is mush by now
> from working on getting this new computer setup working. But I haven't been
> able to find an step-by-step instructions on how to set up Newsgroups in
> Thunderbird. I was using OUTLOOK EXPRESS on my old computer for that and
> OUTLOOK for regular email. Someone else set them up for me years ago. Can
> someone point me to the right place to find these directions?  Thanks, Rick

Way off topic, my friend, this is a support list for OpenOffice.org
Office suite. However, please see
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/ for TBird help
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead

RE: Setting up Newsgroups in TB

Dawn-3
Thank you. I appreciate the reference. But, as a matter of fact, I learned
about Thunderbird on this forum, and I have seen a great deal of comments
about it here, especially under A MORE COMPLETE OFFICE SUITE.

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 10:50 -0500, Dawn wrote:
> Thank you. I appreciate the reference. But, as a matter of fact, I learned
> about Thunderbird on this forum, and I have seen a great deal of comments
> about it here, especially under A MORE COMPLETE OFFICE SUITE.

This was on the discussion list NOT on users. You cross-posted
originally I guess. To make things clearer, users is the support list
for helping users solve problems with OpenOffice.org and, thus, not for
other products. Clear?

Gregory Forster
Thunderbird's addrress book does compliment OpenOffice
as Microsoft's Outlook compliments OpenOffice
(actually it's my opinion Thunderbird does a better
job.)  However, general Thunderbird operations, i.e.
setting up newsgroups are best at
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ or
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/

Greg