Sharing Excel

Sarah Staddon
Hello
My son lives away and we are trying to share an excel spreadsheet to work together on a diary fitness and dieting.
Can you please tell me how to do this?
Many thanks
Sarah Staddon

Re: Sharing Excel

Wade Smart-2
Sarah, just have him email it to you and you will open it.
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 3:28 PM Sarah Staddon
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
> My son lives away and we are trying to share an excel spreadsheet to work together on a diary fitness and dieting.
> Can you please tell me how to do this?
> Many thanks
> Sarah Staddon

Re: Sharing Excel

Alan Boba-2
Sarah,

Another method, that would allow working on the spreadsheet without sending
a copy back and forth and back again, would be to save it online and share
it using a service like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox and others.

The idea is you both use the same file so if you edit at 3pm and your son
at 4pm he sees your edits and vice versa without having to check email to
see if an updated version of the file is in the inbox.

I offer this suggestion because you wrote "share a file" which I'm thinking
means you both want to work with the same file so you can see each other's
progress.

If that's not your goal then Wade's suggestion is certainly the simpler
option.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Sharing Excel

Steven Ahlers
Forwarding to OP. I was going to suggest the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 17, 2020, at 8:15 PM, Alan B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sarah,
>
> Another method, that would allow working on the spreadsheet without sending
> a copy back and forth and back again, would be to save it online and share
> it using a service like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox and others.
>
> The idea is you both use the same file so if you edit at 3pm and your son
> at 4pm he sees your edits and vice versa without having to check email to
> see if an updated version of the file is in the inbox.
>
> I offer this suggestion because you wrote "share a file" which I'm thinking
> means you both want to work with the same file so you can see each other's
> progress.
>
> If that's not your goal then Wade's suggestion is certainly the simpler
> option.
>
>> On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 4:28 PM Sarah Staddon <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>> My son lives away and we are trying to share an excel spreadsheet to work
>> together on a diary fitness and dieting.
>> Can you please tell me how to do this?
>> Many thanks
>> Sarah Staddon
>

> --
> Alan Boba
> CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Sharing Excel

Sarah Staddon

Hi

Thanks very much for your help.

I didn't explain myself very well. I do actually want to share and for us both to edit "live". I use something similar at work, with a colleague.  We both add figures each day for others to view. I didn't know how it was set up. I was sent a link and this open in my browser.

Will have a go with OneDrive, or similar.

Fingers crossed!!

Sarah
On Saturday, 18 January 2020 Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Forwarding to OP. I was going to suggest the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 17, 2020, at 8:15 PM, Alan B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sarah,
>
> Another method, that would allow working on the spreadsheet without sending
> a copy back and forth and back again, would be to save it online and share
> it using a service like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox and others.
>
> The idea is you both use the same file so if you edit at 3pm and your son
> at 4pm he sees your edits and vice versa without having to check email to
> see if an updated version of the file is in the inbox.
>
> I offer this suggestion because you wrote "share a file" which I'm thinking
> means you both want to work with the same file so you can see each other's
> progress.
>
> If that's not your goal then Wade's suggestion is certainly the simpler
> option.
>
>> On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 4:28 PM Sarah Staddon <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>> My son lives away and we are trying to share an excel spreadsheet to work
>> together on a diary fitness and dieting.
>> Can you please tell me how to do this?
>> Many thanks
>> Sarah Staddon

> Alan Boba
> CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Sharing Excel

Mark Wolf
You can edit live, multiple people simultaneously, using Google sheets on a person’s google drive. Access is serialized down to the cell level.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 18, 2020, at 7:17 AM, Sarah Staddon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> Thanks very much for your help.
>
> I didn't explain myself very well. I do actually want to share and for us both to edit "live". I use something similar at work, with a colleague.  We both add figures each day for others to view. I didn't know how it was set up. I was sent a link and this open in my browser.
>
> Will have a go with OneDrive, or similar.
>
> Fingers crossed!!
>
> Sarah
> On Saturday, 18 January 2020 Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Forwarding to OP. I was going to suggest the same thing.
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jan 17, 2020, at 8:15 PM, Alan B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Sarah,
>>
>> Another method, that would allow working on the spreadsheet without sending
>> a copy back and forth and back again, would be to save it online and share
>> it using a service like OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox and others.
>>
>> The idea is you both use the same file so if you edit at 3pm and your son
>> at 4pm he sees your edits and vice versa without having to check email to
>> see if an updated version of the file is in the inbox.
>>
>> I offer this suggestion because you wrote "share a file" which I'm thinking
>> means you both want to work with the same file so you can see each other's
>> progress.
>>
>> If that's not your goal then Wade's suggestion is certainly the simpler
>> option.
>>
>>> On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 4:28 PM Sarah Staddon <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello
>>> My son lives away and we are trying to share an excel spreadsheet to work
>>> together on a diary fitness and dieting.
>>> Can you please tell me how to do this?
>>> Many thanks
>>> Sarah Staddon
>>

>> --
>> Alan Boba
>> CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Sharing Excel

Mord.Sith Jenn
I have unsubscribe 25 damn times... Please take me off this mailing!!

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020, 3:28 PM Sarah Staddon <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello
> My son lives away and we are trying to share an excel spreadsheet to work
> together on a diary fitness and dieting.
> Can you please tell me how to do this?
> Many thanks
> Sarah Staddon

Re: Sharing Excel

Peter Kovacs-3
Did you do the following?

1. send unsubscribe message.

2. system will answer with a mail.

3. answer the mail. IMPORTANT: sender has to be the subscribed address.

4. now the bot will confirm that you are unsubscribed