Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Lukas Häusermann
Hi There

I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.

Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.

The link to our opengrok site on https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Devel
opment should also be removed or changed (if another source browser
system is provided by then).

Greetings,
Lukas




signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 30/05/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
> shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.

Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?

Thanks,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Matthias Seidel
Am 31.05.2018 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> On 30/05/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
>> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
>> shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
>> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
>> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.
>
> Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
> information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
> whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?

https://github.com/oracle/opengrok/wiki/How-to-install-OpenGrok

I still do a lot of search with Adfinis' system. Although it was not
indexed since November 2017, I will miss it...

Regards,
   Matthias

>
> Thanks,
>   Andrea.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>



smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Peter Kovacs-3
Can  we setup opengrok on one of the 2 VMs?
I am not sure maybe we need a db, too.

I was checking also for alternatives. So I am still building an own opinion what we do now.

But +1 for the service provided. Has been really cool. Thanks from my side too.


Am 31. Mai 2018 20:19:58 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Am 31.05.2018 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> On 30/05/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
>>> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
>>> shutdown the opengrok system
>(http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
>>> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
>>> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.
>>
>> Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
>> information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
>> whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?
>
>https://github.com/oracle/opengrok/wiki/How-to-install-OpenGrok
>
>I still do a lot of search with Adfinis' system. Although it was not
>indexed since November 2017, I will miss it...
>
>Regards,
>   Matthias
>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Andrea.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Please keep this separate from the two VMs that are being built for Forums and MediaWiki.

Maybe we can ask for a third VM, but you will need to have two new volunteers from the PMC to be the sysadmins.

You might ask Infra or Builds if there are other projects that are interested in OpenGrok.

Regards,
Dave

> On May 31, 2018, at 12:29 PM, Peter kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can  we setup opengrok on one of the 2 VMs?
> I am not sure maybe we need a db, too.
>
> I was checking also for alternatives. So I am still building an own opinion what we do now.
>
> But +1 for the service provided. Has been really cool. Thanks from my side too.
>
>
> Am 31. Mai 2018 20:19:58 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:
>> Am 31.05.2018 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>> On 30/05/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
>>>> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
>>>> shutdown the opengrok system
>> (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
>>>> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
>>>> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.
>>>
>>> Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
>>> information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
>>> whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?
>>
>> https://github.com/oracle/opengrok/wiki/How-to-install-OpenGrok
>>
>> I still do a lot of search with Adfinis' system. Although it was not
>> indexed since November 2017, I will miss it...
>>
>> Regards,
>>    Matthias
>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>   Andrea.
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Marcus (OOo)
In reply to this post by Lukas Häusermann
Am 30.05.2018 um 15:39 schrieb Lukas Häusermann:

> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
> shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
>
> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.
>
> The link to our opengrok site on https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Devel
> opment should also be removed or changed (if another source browser
> system is provided by then).

as I don't know the reason I would like to ask if there is anything we
can do to keep the service up and running?

In the past it was always helpful to search for specific things via
OpenGrok, so we would really miss it.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Marcus


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Lukas Häusermann
In reply to this post by Andrea Pescetti-2
Hi

On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 00:13 +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
> information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
> whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?

The System is a KVM VM running on Ubuntu 16:04.
Specs:
1x vCPU
4GB RAM
60GB Diskspace

Does this help so far?

Greetings,
Lukas

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 01/06/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
> The System is a KVM VM running on Ubuntu 16:04.
> Specs:
> 1x vCPU
> 4GB RAM
> 60GB Diskspace
> Does this help so far?

Thanks, this gives us some useful data in case we want to replace the
service.

Just in case, would the VM disk image be available in case we wish to
clone it entirely, at least as an internal non-public installation to
use as reference for the public installation?

Regards,
   Andrea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]