Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Lukas Häusermann
Hi There

I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.

Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.

The link to our opengrok site on https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Devel
opment should also be removed or changed (if another source browser
system is provided by then).

Greetings,
Lukas

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 30/05/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
> shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.

Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?

Thanks,
   Andrea.

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Matthias Seidel
> On 30/05/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
>> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
>> shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
>> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
>> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.
>
> Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
> information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
> whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?

https://github.com/oracle/opengrok/wiki/How-to-install-OpenGrok

I still do a lot of search with Adfinis' system. Although it was not
indexed since November 2017, I will miss it...

Regards,
   Matthias

> Thanks,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Peter Kovacs-3
Can  we setup opengrok on one of the 2 VMs?
I am not sure maybe we need a db, too.

I was checking also for alternatives. So I am still building an own opinion what we do now.

But +1 for the service provided. Has been really cool. Thanks from my side too.

Am 31. Mai 2018 20:19:58 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:

>Am 31.05.2018 um 00:13 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> On 30/05/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
>>> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
>>> shutdown the opengrok system
>(http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
>>> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
>>> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.
>>
>> Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
>> information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
>> whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?
>
>https://github.com/oracle/opengrok/wiki/How-to-install-OpenGrok
>
>I still do a lot of search with Adfinis' system. Although it was not
>indexed since November 2017, I will miss it...
>
>Regards,
>   Matthias
>

>> Thanks,
>>   Andrea.

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Please keep this separate from the two VMs that are being built for Forums and MediaWiki.

Maybe we can ask for a third VM, but you will need to have two new volunteers from the PMC to be the sysadmins.

You might ask Infra or Builds if there are other projects that are interested in OpenGrok.

Regards,
Dave

> On May 31, 2018, at 12:29 PM, Peter kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can  we setup opengrok on one of the 2 VMs?
> I am not sure maybe we need a db, too.
>
> I was checking also for alternatives. So I am still building an own opinion what we do now.
>
> But +1 for the service provided. Has been really cool. Thanks from my side too.
>

> Am 31. Mai 2018 20:19:58 MESZ schrieb Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>:
>> (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
>>>
>>> Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
>>> information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
>>> whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?
>>
>> https://github.com/oracle/opengrok/wiki/How-to-install-OpenGrok
>>
>> I still do a lot of search with Adfinis' system. Although it was not
>> indexed since November 2017, I will miss it...
>>
>> Regards,
>>    Matthias
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>   Andrea.

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Marcus (OOo)
Am 30.05.2018 um 15:39 schrieb Lukas Häusermann:

> I would like to inform you that we (Adfinis SyGroup AG) plan to
> shutdown the opengrok system (http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/sourc
> e) as we cannot afford to maintain the the system further.
>
> Shutdown will be on 2018-06-20.
>
> The link to our opengrok site on https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Devel
> opment should also be removed or changed (if another source browser
> system is provided by then).

as I don't know the reason I would like to ask if there is anything we
can do to keep the service up and running?

In the past it was always helpful to search for specific things via
OpenGrok, so we would really miss it.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Marcus

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Lukas Häusermann
Hi

On Thu, 2018-05-31 at 00:13 +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for maintaining it so far! Could you share specs (basic
> information on hardware, OS, environments) so that we can consider
> whether to rebuild the service elsewhere?

The System is a KVM VM running on Ubuntu 16:04.
Specs:
1x vCPU
4GB RAM
60GB Diskspace

Does this help so far?

On 01/06/2018 Lukas Häusermann wrote:
> The System is a KVM VM running on Ubuntu 16:04.
> Specs:
> 1x vCPU
> 4GB RAM
> 60GB Diskspace
> Does this help so far?

Thanks, this gives us some useful data in case we want to replace the
service.

Just in case, would the VM disk image be available in case we wish to
clone it entirely, at least as an internal non-public installation to
use as reference for the public installation?

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Lukas Häusermann
Hi

On Mon, 2018-06-04 at 00:10 +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
[...]
> Just in case, would the VM disk image be available in case we wish
> clone it entirely, at least as an internal non-public installation
> use as reference for the public installation?

Sorry for the late response.
Right now I am making sure, that we can send a disk image.
Do you have a platform for uploading the disk image?

Cheers
Lukas

Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Matthias Seidel
Hi Lukas,

Am 19.06.2018 um 15:30 schrieb Lukas Häusermann:

> Hi
>
> On Mon, 2018-06-04 at 00:10 +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> [...]
>> Just in case, would the VM disk image be available in case we wish
>> clone it entirely, at least as an internal non-public installation
>> use as reference for the public installation?
> Sorry for the late response.
> Right now I am making sure, that we can send a disk image.
> Do you have a platform for uploading the disk image?
I think we can find a place for it somewhere...

What size and what format is the disk image?

Regards,
   Matthias

> Cheers
> Lukas

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system

Lukas Häusermann
Hi Matthias

On Sun, 2018-06-24 at 17:34 +0200, Matthias Seidel wrote:
[...]
> I think we can find a place for it somewhere...
>
> What size and what format is the disk image?

I created a tar.gz archive with the configuration files from
/etc/tomcat8/, /opt/opengrok and /var/opengrok.
The Archive is ~12GB.
Now I just need a place to upload it.
Thanks!

Am 05.07.2018 um 10:30 schrieb Lukas Häusermann:
> Hi Matthias
>
> On Sun, 2018-06-24 at 17:34 +0200, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> [...]
>> I think we can find a place for it somewhere...
>>
>> What size and what format is the disk image?
> I created a tar.gz archive with the configuration files from
> /etc/tomcat8/, /opt/opengrok and /var/opengrok.

Thanks!

> The Archive is ~12GB.
> Now I just need a place to upload it.

My Dropbox isn't big enough...
Do you have some kind of online storage where I could download it from?

@all: Do we have a better place to store the image?

Regards,
   Matthias

> Thanks!
>
> Greetings,
> Lukas

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

[offlist] Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system - upload place

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello Lukas,

I have setup an anonymous ftp at 84.19.178.80 with enough space.

please don't publish the IP address of the server and

  send me an note after you have finished the upload so I can switch of
the write capability.

thanks!

All the best

Peter

On 05.07.2018 10:30, Lukas Häusermann wrote:

> Hi Matthias
>
> On Sun, 2018-06-24 at 17:34 +0200, Matthias Seidel wro
> [...]
>> I think we can find a place for it somewhere...
>>
>> What size and what format is the disk image?
> I created a tar.gz archive with the configuration files from
> /etc/tomcat8/, /opt/opengrok and /var/opengrok.
> The Archive is ~12GB.
> Now I just need a place to upload it.
> Thanks!
>
> Greetings,
> Lukas

Re: [offlist] Shutdown of the opengrok source browser system - upload place

Peter Kovacs-3
yea. me stupid. -.-