Simple question

Uwe Dippel
Dear all, I have been searching Google and OpenOffice.org mostly in vain
for the last hour for this:
I would like to know the necessary steps to export/convert a
bibliographic database from OO to Microsoft WORD. I guess there is no
direct export: but what else could we be doing?

Thanks,

Uwe

Re: Simple question

David Wilson-7
Uwe,

          You can export the the bibliographic database for versions 2.4
of OpenOffice using an export program I wrote, see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic/Hints_and_Tips/OOoRISExport.py

Unfortunately it does not work with OpenOffice version 3.x
If you are using OOo 3 you could install OOo 2.4 and copy the database
you want to export to OOo.2.4

see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic/Hints_and_Tips#How_do_I_move_my_Bibliographic_database

You can export the citations in a document using

File->Export->File Format='Bibtex (.bib)'.

This is only of use to you if add all the records in the database into a
document, and then export them. See -
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic/Hints_and_Tips#How_can_I_import_or_export_Bibliographic_data.3F

I hope this is of some help.

regards