Slow dictionary load

ge-7
Alan,

Here the sizes of the Hungarian dictionaries I use:
   622.546   hu_HU.aff
  26.481.165 hu_HU.dic

aff is twice the size of Hebrew,
dic is 8 times the size.

I do not consider it as slow, I use it
every day several times.
It is coded az iso-8859-2.

Could you please compare it to Hebrew in
terms of speed?
My one is the 2-nd one on the list
of dictionaries.

-eleonora

Re: Slow dictionary load

Alan Yaniger
Eleonora,

I tried installing the Hungarian dictionary. On the machine I'm using
now, the Hungarian dictionaries took one second to load and the Hebrew
ones, which are smaller, took five seconds. Apparently size alone is not
what's causing the delay. Could Right-to-left direction be causing some
extra processing to take place, and that's what's taking the extra time?

Alan