Small concern

Cliff Bowen
Hi,

First off, this is a small complaint, but would be nice if it were
changed. Whenever I sort data, I always sort by F, however nearly every
time that drop down menu drops it is usually on E or G and it makes me
scroll. I sort many many times a day. So having this changed would make my
day.

Thanks.

Cliff Bowen

Re: Small concern

RA Brown
** Please reply to the mailing list only. **
On Tue Dec 21 2010 13:14:03 GMT-0800 (PST)  Cliff Bowen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First off, this is a small complaint, but would be nice if it were
> changed. Whenever I sort data, I always sort by F, however nearly every
> time that drop down menu drops it is usually on E or G and it makes me
> scroll. I sort many many times a day. So having this changed would make my
> day.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Cliff Bowen

This is not the best place to ask but since you did, what would you
suggest to improve the operation?

Andy

Re: Small concern

Paul Douglas Franklin of Yakima UGM
Hello, Cliff.
If I understand correctly, you are sorting data in calc, and the
behavior you describe is caused by selecting a cell in column E or G
before you issue the sort command.  In order to change to the behavior
you desire, move your cursor to a cell in column F before you sort.
--Paul

On 12/21/2010 1:14 PM, Cliff Bowen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First off, this is a small complaint, but would be nice if it were
> changed. Whenever I sort data, I always sort by F, however nearly every
> time that drop down menu drops it is usually on E or G and it makes me
> scroll. I sort many many times a day. So having this changed would make my
> day.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Cliff Bowen

Paul Douglas Franklin
Computer Manager
http://www.yugm.org/

/Husband of Danette; father of Laurene, Miriam, Tycko, Timothy, Sarabeth, Marie, Dawnita, Anna Leah, Alexander, and Caleb/

Upgrade to the premier Office package today!

Free download here:
http://www.openoffice.org/