Smooth lines vs splines in charts

Aivaras Stepukonis
Hi,

AOO uses the expression "smooth lines" for what looks like splines in
charts.  See:

Smooth Lines
Strings.src#STR_DLG_SMOOTH_LINE_PROPERTIES.string.text
https://translate.apache.org/lt/aoo40/translate/#search=Smooth%20Lines&sfields=source

S~mooth lines
tp_ChartType.src#TP_CHARTTYPE.CB_SPLINES.checkbox.text
https://translate.apache.org/lt/aoo40/translate/#search=S~mooth%20lines&sfields=source

Wouldn't it to be more appropriate (also terser) to use "spline," instead?

Regards,

Aivaras

Re: Smooth lines vs splines in charts

Matthias Seidel
Hi Aivaras,

Am 06.06.20 um 13:35 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:

> Hi,
>
> AOO uses the expression "smooth lines" for what looks like splines in
> charts.  See:
>
> Smooth Lines
> Strings.src#STR_DLG_SMOOTH_LINE_PROPERTIES.string.text
> https://translate.apache.org/lt/aoo40/translate/#search=Smooth%20Lines&sfields=source
>

> S~mooth lines
> tp_ChartType.src#TP_CHARTTYPE.CB_SPLINES.checkbox.text
> https://translate.apache.org/lt/aoo40/translate/#search=S~mooth%20lines&sfields=source
>

> Wouldn't it to be more appropriate (also terser) to use "spline,"
> instead?
I don't think it is about splines (smooth lines) but about smoothing lines.

See screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scbsq2pstezbpgn/Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202020-06-06%2014-09-55.png?dl=0

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Smooth lines vs splines in charts

Aivaras Stepukonis
In that case, 'line smoothing' would be clearer than 'smooth lines' but
it's a minor point. Let's leave it the way it is.

Regards,

Aivaras