Source code

Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie)
Some time ago I made a copy of the source code.
I may be ready to do something.
Need to know where I can find out what each sub-module does.
I am especially interested in modules invoked with
“Save as HTML document”

Howard

Re: Source code

Peter Kovacs-3
There is no easy way to answer this.
Some are explained on wiki. You get clues by looking at the source files
and code.

In case of saving and writing specific files the module filter might be
a good starting point.
However this is from my side a shot in the blue. If you describe what
your goal is maybe you get a better answer.

I heared Libre Office have established a text file in each of their
modules what the module is about.
We might want to copy the idea, even if we are not able to copy their
words because of license stuff.

On 06.08.2018 22:25, Howard Cary Morris wrote:
> Some time ago I made a copy of the source code.
> I may be ready to do something.
> Need to know where I can find out what each sub-module does.
> I am especially interested in modules invoked with
> “Save as HTML document”
>
> Howard

RE: Source code

Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie)
Goals are

1) generate HTML5 code

2) Make output same as print file (browser print gives same report)

3) Show where page breaks are

           (add page headers/footers for each page)

4) Be able to embed output in an iframe

           (allowing us to compete with PDF with much smaller size files)

I have written some PHP and HTML that messages the current html output.

However, was told you wanted differences in code.

My code has found some errors in current generated code

Howard

PS where on wiki?

________________________________
Some are explained on wiki. You get clues by looking at the source files
and code.

In case of saving and writing specific files the module filter might be
a good starting point.
However this is from my side a shot in the blue. If you describe what
your goal is maybe you get a better answer.

I heared Libre Office have established a text file in each of their
modules what the module is about.
We might want to copy the idea, even if we are not able to copy their
words because of license stuff.

On 06.08.2018 22:25, Howard Cary Morris wrote:
> Some time ago I made a copy of the source code.
> I may be ready to do something.
> Need to know where I can find out what each sub-module does.
> I am especially interested in modules invoked with
> “Save as HTML document”
>
> Howard

RE: Source code

Peter Kovacs-3
Awesome. I hope you bring some endurance.
I help you the best to my abilities.

We will find a way to integrate your code, no worries.
I can imagine to give you commiter rights or I pull your code over github and push it in your name to trunk.
We will find a way together, okay?
Let's focus on code production first. When there is something to commit we discuss the way.

I suggest to leave existing filters intact and do an html5 one.

>My code has found some errors in current generated code
What do you mean? Can you explain one case?
The current html4 code does not produce pure html4. It is something the browser can work with. There have been reports in the past about it.
Or do you talk about bad code?

Wiki stuff
To me the wiki is a haystack.
I think here you find some hints:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide

I think there is more. I hope I will find time for some research.