Special Characters in Hyperlink Calc

David Stuhr
Hello,

Is it possible to insert a special character (Intsert > Special
Character) into the Text field of the Hyperlink (Intsert > Hyperlink)
panel? I also tried the Hyperlink bar. The special character is inserted
in the currently selected cell rather than the Text field. The work
around I came up with is rather tedious.

Thanks. I enjoy reading the help you give other users and you have
taught me a trick or two.

David

Re: Special Characters in Hyperlink Calc

Brian Barker-2
At 16:19 07/08/2020 -0400, David Stuhr wrote:
>Is it possible to insert a special character (Insert > Special
>Character) into the Text field of the Hyperlink (Insert > Hyperlink)
>panel? I also tried the Hyperlink bar. The special character is
>inserted in the currently selected cell rather than the Text field.
>The [secret!] work around I came up with is rather tedious.

o Prepare the text in the cell itself, including the special character.
o Cut the cell contents.
o Go to Insert | Hyperlink.
o Paste into the Text box.
o Complete the remaining hyperlink requirements.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Special Characters in Hyperlink Calc

David Stuhr
Hello Brian,

It does help. Thank you very much.

David Stuhr