Special Characters

Terry Maness
Hi,

How can I insert a special character that is not in the list provided?

Re: Special Characters

Brian Barker-2
At 15:04 11/07/2019 +0000, Terry Maness wrote:
>How can I insert a special character that is not in the list provided?

Basically, you cannot! Note that the list is simply a list of the
glyphs available in the font you have chosen, and is not provided by
or anything to do with OpenOffice. If you need a glyph that you
cannot find, you might try an alternative font, possibly just for the
required character. In your Windows 10, the DejaVu series of fonts
have many glyphs not available in other fonts.

Note that if you include an unusual character in a text document and
send that to someone else, you are relying in their having the
relevant font to display it or that the font that their system
substitutes has the required glyph. This problem can be avoided by
exporting from OpenOffice as PDF instead and sending that. In that
way you will send a subset of the font you have chosen, and this
should display correctly at the far end.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker