Speech marks

Ellen Blenkinsop
Whenever I try to use speech marks "" with SHIFT 2, it doesn't work.
The first time I press it, it looks like a double set of commas. The
following times are only opening speech marks.

Re: Speech marks

Robert Funnell
This may be because of the particular keyboard layout and/or language
setting that you're using. What you're describing seems to correspond
to the standard speech marks (or quotation marks) used in Dutch and a
number of other languages, as shown at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark

- Robert