Spell check and forum support.

Christopher Olson
Hello, I am having the common problem of spell check underlining every single word.
I have run through to step 8 on this list.
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16512
I didn't do 9, because I didn't feel comfortable doing direct formatting.
I then went to this list:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=85529
I was able to get past step 1 and show my hidden files, but I was unable to find the file in step 2. I also have an old lap top and I'm not familiar with the user name of the lap top.
I just want to get the problem fixed. I'm not sure why it spontaneously started happening, but as long as I get it fixed I'll be happy. I always shut down my computer properly, btw. I saw that hard manual shut downs could cause this.
Thank you for any assistance you can give!- Christopher

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android

Re: Spell check and forum support.

David Robley
Assuming you are using Windows and version 4.x of AOO:

]Rename your OpenOffice user profile. In Windows do this by: Close
OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste
%appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar (not the search
engine) and press Enter.

( If you are using version 3.x of AOO, paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\3 instead)

File Explorer may also be called Windows Explorer. Rename the "user"
folder, say to user.old. Start OpenOffice. When you restart OpenOffice,
you should be prompted for name/initials on next startup of OO.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored. Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not
see all the replies to your query. To subscribe to Apache OpenOffice
mailing lists go to http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

On 6/1/19 8:04 am, Christopher Olson wrote:

> Hello, I am having the common problem of spell check underlining every single word.
> I have run through to step 8 on this list.
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16512
> I didn't do 9, because I didn't feel comfortable doing direct formatting.
> I then went to this list:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=85529
> I was able to get past step 1 and show my hidden files, but I was unable to find the file in step 2. I also have an old lap top and I'm not familiar with the user name of the lap top.
> I just want to get the problem fixed. I'm not sure why it spontaneously started happening, but as long as I get it fixed I'll be happy. I always shut down my computer properly, btw. I saw that hard manual shut downs could cause this.
> Thank you for any assistance you can give!- Christopher
>
> Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android

Cheers
--
David Robley