Spell check making me crazy

Lisa Martone
On every single document every single letter is underlined in red. I have the language settings correct…but still all red. What is the problem?? I have even reinstalled two times.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Spell check making me crazy

David Robley
Please see if the following link helps:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=89052/

On 13/09/18 00:59, Lisa Martone wrote:
> On every single document every single letter is underlined in red. I have the language settings correct…but still all red. What is the problem?? I have even reinstalled two times.
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cheers
--
David Robley

"Give me a haircut," Tom said barbarously.

Re: Spell check making me crazy

Lisa Martone
It worked - thank you so  much

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 12:15 PM Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 9/12/2018 11:29 AM, Lisa Martone wrote:
> > On every single document every single letter is underlined in red. I
> have the language settings correct…but still all red. What is the problem??
> I have even reinstalled two times.
> >

> > Sent from Mail for Windows 10
> >

> Lisa;
>
> Please read the instructions at
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=85529 to
> download and run the script attached there that will solve the problem.
> If you have trouble with any part of it please reply to this list and we
> can help further.
>
> Regards
> Keith

Re: Spell check making me crazy

Urmas
"Lisa Martone":

OpenOffice is no longer actively developed. You can upgrade to LibreOffice,
which has fixed this particular problem.

Re: Spell check making me crazy

Dave Fisher
Hi -

The Apache OpenOffice project is being actively developed, versions 4.1.6 and 4.2 are in progress. WE are not going to make major changes and try to keep everything stable. We have no company backing and completely depend on community volunteers.

We also provide support for forums.openoffice.org where answers to questions about all OpenOffice variants including LibreOffice are answered.

LibreOffice developers have chosen not to contribute to Apache OpenOffice although they would be welcome to do so.

Regards,
Dave

On Sep 13, 2018, at 12:51 PM, Urmas <[hidden email]> wrote:

"Lisa Martone":

OpenOffice is no longer actively developed. You can upgrade to LibreOffice, which has fixed this particular problem.

Re: Spell check making me crazy

Shel Neymark
HI Wondering how to do a spanish “n” with a tilde to make an ene?  thanks Shel Neymark

> On Sep 13, 2018, at 3:06 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> The Apache OpenOffice project is being actively developed, versions 4.1.6 and 4.2 are in progress. WE are not going to make major changes and try to keep everything stable. We have no company backing and completely depend on community volunteers.
>
> We also provide support for forums.openoffice.org <http://forums.openoffice.org/> where answers to questions about all OpenOffice variants including LibreOffice are answered.
>
> LibreOffice developers have chosen not to contribute to Apache OpenOffice although they would be welcome to do so.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> On Sep 13, 2018, at 12:51 PM, Urmas <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> "Lisa Martone":
>>
>> OpenOffice is no longer actively developed. You can upgrade to LibreOffice, which has fixed this particular problem.

>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Spell check making me crazy

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 16:12:30 -0500
Shel Neymark <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Wondering how to do a spanish “n” with a tilde to make an ene?  thanks Shel Neymark

Use /Insert /special character

> > On Sep 13, 2018, at 3:06 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi -
> >
> > The Apache OpenOffice project is being actively developed, versions 4.1.6 and 4.2 are in progress. WE are not going to make major changes and try to keep everything stable. We have no company backing and completely depend on community volunteers.
> >
> > We also provide support for forums.openoffice.org <http://forums.openoffice.org/> where answers to questions about all OpenOffice variants including LibreOffice are answered.
> >
> > LibreOffice developers have chosen not to contribute to Apache OpenOffice although they would be welcome to do so.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave
> >

> >> On Sep 13, 2018, at 12:51 PM, Urmas <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >>
> >> "Lisa Martone":
> >>
> >> OpenOffice is no longer actively developed. You can upgrade to LibreOffice, which has fixed this particular problem.

> >> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Spell check making me crazy

Julian Thomas-3

> On Sep 13, 2018, at 17:12, Shel Neymark <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> HI Wondering how to do a spanish “n” with a tilde to make an ene?  thanks Shel Neymark

Not an OO function.  Depends on your platform.  For Mac, hold down the n and select 1 for the tilde: ñ

Not sure what the equivalent KBD options are for Windoze, but there’s certainly something!

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

The future ain't what it used to be. - Yogi Berra

Re: Spell check making me crazy

M Henri Day
Den tors 13 sep. 2018 kl 23:12 skrev Shel Neymark <
[hidden email]>:

> HI Wondering how to do a spanish “n” with a tilde to make an ene?  thanks
> Shel Neymark

<...>

You don't mention which language is your standard, Shel, nor which keyboard
you use, but on a standard British keyboard the tilde (~) can be accessed
by depressing Shift and then pressing the key furthest to the right in the
A row of the QWERTY setup. To create an «ñ» one thus performs the above and
then strikes the N key (on my Scandinavian keyboard, I do it differently :
Alt Gr + the key furthest to the right in the Q row and then n). This
should work on all platforms - Linux, which I use, Windows, Mac, etc....

Henri