Spell check

larry-4
1. Why openoffice downloads with spell check to a windows 10 and to another pc with windows 10 it does not down load spell check correctly. Both down loads come from the same web page.

Appreciate any good info.

Larry Berner

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---

Re: Spell check

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:34:12 -0400
larry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1. Why openoffice downloads with spell check to a windows 10 and to another pc with windows 10 it does not down load spell check correctly. Both down loads come from the same web page.
>
> Appreciate any good info.
>
> Larry Berner
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

This is to do with some choice made during installation or due to bad selection made for a previous version of OpenOffice on the computer.

On the non spellchecking computer do this:

As you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Spell check

zahra a
hello.
when you download any language, the spell check is also with the
installation file.
you can modify openoffice from exe file select custom and check dictionaries.
hope that help, God bless you.

On 10/24/17, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:34:12 -0400
> larry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> 1. Why openoffice downloads with spell check to a windows 10 and to
>> another pc with windows 10 it does not down load spell check correctly.
>> Both down loads come from the same web page.
>>
>> Appreciate any good info.
>>
>> Larry Berner
>>
>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10
>
> This is to do with some choice made during installation or due to bad
> selection made for a previous version of OpenOffice on the computer.
>
> On the non spellchecking computer do this:
>
> As you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
> Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer
> (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
> Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good
> choice. Start OpenOffice.
>
> This cures most spellcheck problems.
>

> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>