Spell check - text documents

brmstk
I have installed the latest Open Office version (4.1.5). From the toolbar, with Auto Spell Check selected, EVERY word is underlined with a red wavy line. I may not be the best speller, but I am not that bad 😊 Interesting that when I cut and paste (see example below), it works (only the words spelled incorrectly are underlined). Odd.

I want my documents spell checked as I type. This problem occurred out of the blue in a past Open Office version so I downloaded the newest version in hopes of remedying the problem. Still misbehaving.

What’s wrong? Thanks for your help.

Example: Rking niw what is the latest on my corections Are you working what in the hell isw wrong with yoyu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---

Re: Spell check - text documents

David Robley

On 11/10/18 08:21, brmstk wrote:
> I have installed the latest Open Office version (4.1.5). From the toolbar, with Auto Spell Check selected, EVERY word is underlined with a red wavy line. I may not be the best speller, but I am not that bad 😊 Interesting that when I cut and paste (see example below), it works (only the words spelled incorrectly are underlined). Odd.
Not really, considering that you are using a different application, with
a different spell checker, to create this message.

> I want my documents spell checked as I type. This problem occurred out of the blue in a past Open Office version so I downloaded the newest version in hopes of remedying the problem. Still misbehaving.
> What’s wrong? Thanks for your help.
>
> Example: Rking niw what is the latest on my corections Are you working what in the hell isw wrong with yoyu

Please see https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=89052 for an answer to your problem

Cheers
--
David Robley

Sarcasm: barbed ire.

Re: Spell check - text documents

jonathon-3
On 10/10/18 9:51 PM, brmstk wrote:
> What’s wrong? Thanks for your help.

What language are you writing your document in?
What language does AOo think that your document is in.

Odds are, you are writing your document in one language, and telling
LibO that it is written in a different language.

jonathon