Spellcheck Help!!!!

philip wassung
Firstly I have forgotten the user name used to login to the Forum
Secondly, I have followed all the instructions to get rid of RED Wriggly
Lines and I get nowhere eg
"2. Use Windows Explorer and go to
C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\Scripts (where xxxxxx
is your username) and open the folder. right-click inside the folder >
New > Folder ..., and create a new folder called python. Note: you must
use all lower case letters for "python" or Writer will not see the file.
I cannot right click inside the folder - nothing happens.

Windows 7
Firefox 68.0
Thunderbird 60.8
OO 4.1.6

Do I de-install, switch to Google/Libre???

Re: Spellcheck Help!!!!

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:34:32 +0200
philip wassung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Firstly I have forgotten the user name used to login to the Forum
> Secondly, I have followed all the instructions to get rid of RED Wriggly
> Lines and I get nowhere eg
> "2. Use Windows Explorer and go to
> C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user\Scripts (where xxxxxx
> is your username) and open the folder. right-click inside the folder >
> New > Folder ..., and create a new folder called python. Note: you must
> use all lower case letters for "python" or Writer will not see the file.
> I cannot right click inside the folder - nothing happens.
>
> Windows 7
> Firefox 68.0
> Thunderbird 60.8
> OO 4.1.6
>
> Do I de-install, switch to Google/Libre???

This is another method to fix damaged spellcheck

Start by renaming your existing OpenOffice user profile.

As you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer) Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

The loss of spellcheck may be related to a crash of OpenOffice or overhasty close down of OO or the computer, before the internal buffers in the hard drive have flushed to disk, which can cause the OO User Profile to be improperly (or not at all) written.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>