Spelling of Ancient Greek

Απόστολος Συρόπουλος
Hello,

Suppose i would like to prepare a document in ancient Greek using AOO.
Naturally, I would like to enable hyphenation. To the best of my knowledge,
AOO is borrowing UTF-8 hyphenation patterns that are used in the TeX world.
If this is true, could you please let me know how can I create a hyphenation
file for AOO form a TeX hyphenation patterns?

Thanks in advance.

Apostolos Syropoulos

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece

Re: Spelling of Ancient Greek

Louis Suárez-Potts-3

louis=C2=A0

RE: Spelling of Ancient Greek

Απόστολος Συρόπουλος
 >Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 14:58:34 -0400
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Spelling of Ancient Greek
>

> louis=C2=A0

Which means what?  BTW, let me ask again: Where are the
hyphenation files and how they are created?

A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece

Re: Spelling of Ancient Greek

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 21:29:07 +0300
Απόστολος Συρόπουλος <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  >Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 14:58:34 -0400
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: Spelling of Ancient Greek
> >

> > louis=C2=A0
> >

> Which means what?  BTW, let me ask again: Where are the
> hyphenation files and how they are created?
>
> A.S.
>
> --
> Apostolos Syropoulos
> Xanthi, Greece

The hyphenation and other formatting information is on the Hunspell site
https://hunspell.github.io/

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

RE: Spelling of Ancient Greek

Απόστολος Συρόπουλος

> The hyphenation and other formatting information is on the Hunspell site
> https://hunspell.github.io/

Thank yoy very much!
A.S.
--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece

RE: Spelling of Ancient Greek

Απόστολος Συρόπουλος

> > The hyphenation and other formatting information is on the Hunspell site
> > https://hunspell.github.io/

Actually this is the spelling assistant not the hyphenator. This module is
described in the following URL:

https://www.openoffice.org/lingucomponent/hyphenator.html

There I read the following:

You need to put an indicator of the character encoding used
as the first line of the dictionary file (look in hyph_en.dic).

Possible values are: ISO8859-1, ISO8859-2, ..., ISO8859-10, KOI8-R

So in the era of Unicode, OpenOffice insists on using single byte encodings which practically means that
it is impossible to hyphenate ancient Greek text. The reason? You need UTF-8 hyphenation patterns which
of course exist in the TeX world and are used by XeTeX.

A.S.
--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece