Spreadsheet Formula Hiding "0"

Snapafun
Great suite - Thanks.

I love to hide the "0" value in cells yet to be populated and to do so I
use the =IF(Target Cell>0;Actual Formula;"") setup.

This works well for me upon the Target Cell being the result or a manual
entry.

However, this doesn't work when the Target Cell contains a formula. ( I
appreciate that the formula setup as above is correct and that it now
recognizes that the Target Cell is populated so is ">0" - just that
viewed in real life - no actual value yet exists.)

Maybe there's a way of re-addressing the value "0" in the 1st part
though it would be nice for a private user to be able to keep their
formulas simple.

So - not necessary a fault or bug or anything at all - just a thought in
case it's possible.

Frank
SnapafunFrank
facebook.com/JanFrankBreezie

Re: Spreadsheet Formula Hiding "0"

David Robley
There is an option to globally suppress display of zeros - see Tools |
Options | OpenOffice Calc | View and uncheck Zero Values in the Display
section.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 2/6/20 7:43 am, Snapafun wrote:

> Great suite - Thanks.
>
> I love to hide the "0" value in cells yet to be populated and to do so
> I use the =IF(Target Cell>0;Actual Formula;"") setup.
>
> This works well for me upon the Target Cell being the result or a
> manual entry.
>
> However, this doesn't work when the Target Cell contains a formula. (
> I appreciate that the formula setup as above is correct and that it
> now recognizes that the Target Cell is populated so is ">0" - just
> that viewed in real life - no actual value yet exists.)
>
> Maybe there's a way of re-addressing the value "0" in the 1st part
> though it would be nice for a private user to be able to keep their
> formulas simple.
>
> So - not necessary a fault or bug or anything at all - just a thought
> in case it's possible.

Cheers
--
David Robley

Its a JOKE, like the funny kind but different.

Re: Spreadsheet Formula Hiding "0"

Joost Andrae-2

you can also format those cells using the user defined cell format # to
suppress so called leading zeroes in cells.

->format->cells->numbers->Format Code: #

Kind regards, Joost

Am 02.06.2020 um 00:51 schrieb David Robley:

> There is an option to globally suppress display of zeros - see Tools |
> Options | OpenOffice Calc | View and uncheck Zero Values in the Display
> section.
>
> Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the
> replies to your query. To subscribe to Apache OpenOffice mailing lists
> go to http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html
>
> As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
> mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
> <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address
> will be ignored.
>
> On 2/6/20 7:43 am, Snapafun wrote:
>> Great suite - Thanks.
>>
>> I love to hide the "0" value in cells yet to be populated and to do so
>> I use the =IF(Target Cell>0;Actual Formula;"") setup.
>>
>> This works well for me upon the Target Cell being the result or a
>> manual entry.
>>
>> However, this doesn't work when the Target Cell contains a formula. (
>> I appreciate that the formula setup as above is correct and that it
>> now recognizes that the Target Cell is populated so is ">0" - just
>> that viewed in real life - no actual value yet exists.)
>>
>> Maybe there's a way of re-addressing the value "0" in the 1st part
>> though it would be nice for a private user to be able to keep their
>> formulas simple.
>>
>> So - not necessary a fault or bug or anything at all - just a thought
>> in case it's possible.
>>

> Cheers

Re: Spreadsheet Formula Hiding "0"

Martin Groenescheij
Replacing an Number Field with text as in your formula will have impact
on calculations like COUNT() or AVERAGE()
Also your formula doesn't take into account negative numbers

Suppressing the display of zeros in your Options works on your Display,
but it will not suppress your it when
you print or export as PDF. To Suppress the output of zero values you
can work with Conditional Formatting and
set the Cell Protection to "Hide when printing".

Working with number formatting likeĀ  # only works with whole numbers but
still display a value 0.123 as .123