Spreadsheet

Stag Mist
Dear OpenOffice Team,

I'm using OpenOffice on a Mac. My problem is that when I open the app it
automatically opens a Text Document. Is there any option to change it from
opening a Text Document to a opening Spreadsheet? How can I set this?

Thanks in advance,
SM

Re: Spreadsheet

Johnny Rosenberg
Den ons 30 okt. 2019 kl 23:29 skrev Stag Mist <[hidden email]>:

> Dear OpenOffice Team,
>
> I'm using OpenOffice on a Mac. My problem is that when I open the app it
> automatically opens a Text Document. Is there any option to change it from
> opening a Text Document to a opening Spreadsheet? How can I set this?

I don't have a Mac and it was a long time since I had Apache OpenOffice,
but do n't you have icons somewhere for each and every one of the different
parts of Open Office?
if not, maybe you can change the line that starts the application? On my
system, Manjaro with LibreOffice, the line for launching LibreOffice Calc
looks like this:
libreoffice --calc %U
I' don't remember what command starts Apache OpenOffice, maybe it's still
”soffice”? In that case, did you try ”soffice --calc %U”?
Maybe opening a terminal and enter something like ”man soffice” will give
you a hint or two?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

> Thanks in advance,
> SM

Re: Spreadsheet

Girvin Herr-2

On 10/31/19 11:35 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> Den ons 30 okt. 2019 kl 23:29 skrev Stag Mist <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Dear OpenOffice Team,
>>
>> I'm using OpenOffice on a Mac. My problem is that when I open the app it
>> automatically opens a Text Document. Is there any option to change it from
>> opening a Text Document to a opening Spreadsheet? How can I set this?
>>
> I don't have a Mac and it was a long time since I had Apache OpenOffice,
> but do n't you have icons somewhere for each and every one of the different
> parts of Open Office?
> if not, maybe you can change the line that starts the application? On my
> system, Manjaro with LibreOffice, the line for launching LibreOffice Calc
> looks like this:
> libreoffice --calc %U
> I' don't remember what command starts Apache OpenOffice, maybe it's still
> ”soffice”? In that case, did you try ”soffice --calc %U”?
> Maybe opening a terminal and enter something like ”man soffice” will give
> you a hint or two?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
>

>> Thanks in advance,
>> SM

Greetings,

It has been a long time since I had no documents open and I am not a Mac
user, but I think when you have all but the last document closed, there
is a second "X" on the last document's window at the top right. There is
the usual "X" to close the window (AOO), but the lower "X" will close
the last document and then the window should display the options page,
including options to create a new document or open an existing document.
If you shut down with this "default" window, AOO should then start with
this window when next started. However, if you shut down AOO with a
document open, that document should be opened the next time you start
AOO. I have several documents that I use a lot and they all open up when
I start AOO.

HTH.

Girvin