Spreadsheets

John and Wendy Parke
Dear Openoffice,  Trouble with a spreadsheet.  There is a list of names on the RHS and some 10 columns to the right on A4 landscape. In order to get legible sizes of letters on the printed document (ca 10) I have to set the names' Arial font at 16, and for a decent header (ca14) the font must be set at 36. Apart from being wrong this is very difficult to handle on the screen. What is going wrong?
  Incidentally it would make life much easier if the header could be displayed on the screen at the top of the spreadsheet as it will be printed instead of these tricky boxes.
                                                                                            John Parke

Re: Spreadsheets

CPHennessy
On Wed November 16 2005 19:16, + John and Wendy Parke wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> Dear Openoffice,  Trouble with a spreadsheet.  There is a list of names on
> the RHS and some 10 columns to the right on A4 landscape. In order to get
> legible sizes of letters on the printed document (ca 10) I have to set the
> names' Arial font at 16, and for a decent header (ca14) the font must be
> set at 36. Apart from being wrong this is very difficult to handle on the
> screen. What is going wrong? Incidentally it would make life much easier if
> the header could be displayed on the screen at the top of the spreadsheet
> as it will be printed instead of these tricky boxes. John Parke

There is something that I obviously do not understand. Are you saying that the
letters on the screen are much smaller than that on printed paper ?
is it possible thatyouhave changed the zoom level ("View" -> "Zoom") ?

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Spreadsheets

John and Wendy Parke
Dera Mr. Hennessy,     On the contrary, in order to get a print which is
legible ie. font ca 10 I have to set the font on the screen at 16 and in
order to get an printed appropriate heading (font ca 14) I have to set the
font on the screen at 36. Zoom is set at 100%.
   You are the only person who has answered my question.
                                  John Parke
> On Wed November 16 2005 19:16, + John and Wendy Parke wrote:
>>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
>> Dear Openoffice,  Trouble with a spreadsheet.  There is a list of names
>> on
>> the RHS and some 10 columns to the right on A4 landscape. In order to get
>> legible sizes of letters on the printed document (ca 10) I have to set
>> the
>> names' Arial font at 16, and for a decent header (ca14) the font must be
>> set at 36. Apart from being wrong this is very difficult to handle on the
>> screen. What is going wrong? Incidentally it would make life much easier
>> if
>> the header could be displayed on the screen at the top of the spreadsheet
>> as it will be printed instead of these tricky boxes. John Parke
>
> There is something that I obviously do not understand. Are you saying that
> the
> letters on the screen are much smaller than that on printed paper ?
> is it possible thatyouhave changed the zoom level ("View" -> "Zoom") ?
>
> Please reply to [hidden email] only
>
> --
> CPH : openoffice.org contributor
>
> Maybe your question has been answered already?
> http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Spreadsheets

Wangshanpo
Yes I'm confused too.
Whatever font size I set on screen prints as that on paper. I did a
sample sheet with various font sizes from Ariel 8 up. All legible on
screen and all printed fine.
Is it something with your screen size or printer behaviour.

WSP

John and Wendy Parke wrote:

> Dera Mr. Hennessy,     On the contrary, in order to get a print which is
> legible ie. font ca 10 I have to set the font on the screen at 16 and in
> order to get an printed appropriate heading (font ca 14) I have to set
> the
> font on the screen at 36. Zoom is set at 100%.
>   You are the only person who has answered my question.
>                                  John Parke
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "CPHennessy"
> <[hidden email]>

OOo 2.0 ? Seamonkey 1.5 (nightly build) - Win XP sp2

RE: Spreadsheets

Jim White-3

I wonder what Format > Page > Sheet > Scale is set at.

Jim White

Re: Spreadsheets

Dan Lewis-6
Bottom post: