Status of the translation project

12

Status of the translation project

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

first I want to say a big thank you to Ariel. He prepared the new pootle
server.

Now we can continue working on the translation for Apache OpenOffice 4.2.

At this time The server is accessible under

https://translate-upgrade.apache.org

At the server I can write the data from the database into the *.po
files. The conversion of *.po files into *.sdf files can' t be done on
the server even after the update.

This is because the version of translate-toolkit under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
is too old. Only in the Ubuntu version 20.04 lTS there is a newer
version of translate-toolkit.

I can prepare new *.sdf files at my local maschine. I will do it for all
languages before the beta release and so on.

If someone need a developer build to test the recent translation, please
ask me, then i will prepare the *.sdf file and commt it into the source
code.

For those who are interested: In the Wiki at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2 I have filed a
description of the process. Suggestions for improvements are very welcome.

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: Status of the translation project

Jim Jagielski
w00t!

> On Nov 27, 2019, at 3:00 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> first I want to say a big thank you to Ariel. He prepared the new pootle
> server.
>
> Now we can continue working on the translation for Apache OpenOffice 4.2.
>
> At this time The server is accessible under
>
> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org
>
> At the server I can write the data from the database into the *.po
> files. The conversion of *.po files into *.sdf files can' t be done on
> the server even after the update.
>
> This is because the version of translate-toolkit under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
> is too old. Only in the Ubuntu version 20.04 lTS there is a newer
> version of translate-toolkit.
>
> I can prepare new *.sdf files at my local maschine. I will do it for all
> languages before the beta release and so on.
>
> If someone need a developer build to test the recent translation, please
> ask me, then i will prepare the *.sdf file and commt it into the source
> code.
>
> For those who are interested: In the Wiki at
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2 I have filed a
> description of the process. Suggestions for improvements are very welcome.
>
> Kind regards
>
> --
> Mechtilde Stehmann
> ## Apache OpenOffice
> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
> ## Debian Developer
> ## PGP encryption welcome
> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
Hi Mechtilde,

Armenian built without a problem on Windows:

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/AOO-420-Armenian/

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

I think we could switch off the old VM now and make the new one available at

https://translate.apache.org/

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 27.11.19 um 09:00 schrieb Mechtilde:

> Hello,
>
> first I want to say a big thank you to Ariel. He prepared the new pootle
> server.
>
> Now we can continue working on the translation for Apache OpenOffice 4.2.
>
> At this time The server is accessible under
>
> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org
>
> At the server I can write the data from the database into the *.po
> files. The conversion of *.po files into *.sdf files can' t be done on
> the server even after the update.
>
> This is because the version of translate-toolkit under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
> is too old. Only in the Ubuntu version 20.04 lTS there is a newer
> version of translate-toolkit.
>
> I can prepare new *.sdf files at my local maschine. I will do it for all
> languages before the beta release and so on.
>
> If someone need a developer build to test the recent translation, please
> ask me, then i will prepare the *.sdf file and commt it into the source
> code.
>
> For those who are interested: In the Wiki at
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2 I have filed a
> description of the process. Suggestions for improvements are very welcome.
>
> Kind regards

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Gavin McDonald-3
What about the other projects that use this shared service? JMeter ,
Subversion etc - are all their translations in place also?

Gav...

Gav...

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
I can see all of them at:

https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/projects/

I am not sure about Apache Hama, has it ever been used?

Matthias

Am 30.11.19 um 12:04 schrieb Gavin McDonald:

> What about the other projects that use this shared service? JMeter ,
> Subversion etc - are all their translations in place also?
>
> Gav...
>

> On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:09 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think we could switch off the old VM now and make the new one available
>> at
>>
>> https://translate.apache.org/
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> Am 27.11.19 um 09:00 schrieb Mechtilde:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> first I want to say a big thank you to Ariel. He prepared the new pootle
>>> server.
>>>
>>> Now we can continue working on the translation for Apache OpenOffice 4.2.
>>>
>>> At this time The server is accessible under
>>>
>>> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org
>>>
>>> At the server I can write the data from the database into the *.po
>>> files. The conversion of *.po files into *.sdf files can' t be done on
>>> the server even after the update.
>>>
>>> This is because the version of translate-toolkit under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
>>> is too old. Only in the Ubuntu version 20.04 lTS there is a newer
>>> version of translate-toolkit.
>>>
>>> I can prepare new *.sdf files at my local maschine. I will do it for all
>>> languages before the beta release and so on.
>>>
>>> If someone need a developer build to test the recent translation, please
>>> ask me, then i will prepare the *.sdf file and commt it into the source
>>> code.
>>>
>>> For those who are interested: In the Wiki at
>>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2 I have filed a
>>> description of the process. Suggestions for improvements are very
>> welcome.
>>> Kind regards

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Pedro Lino-3
Hi all

I have updated some of the Portuguese translations in the new server (thank you Matthias for the HTML files and links)

I have one question:

How do I save all Untranslated strings so that I can translate offline using Pootle and then upload?
I have tried the "Download for offline translation" option but I always get an empty zip file

After finishing can I download all Translated strings so that I have a copy/backup?

Thanks!

Regards,
Pedro

>     On November 27, 2019 at 8:00 AM Mechtilde < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>

>     Hello,
>
>     first I want to say a big thank you to Ariel. He prepared the new pootle
>     server.
>
>     Now we can continue working on the translation for Apache OpenOffice 4.2.
>
>     At this time The server is accessible under
>
>     https://translate-upgrade.apache.org
>
>     At the server I can write the data from the database into the *.po
>     files. The conversion of *.po files into *.sdf files can' t be done on
>     the server even after the update.
>
>     This is because the version of translate-toolkit under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
>     is too old. Only in the Ubuntu version 20.04 lTS there is a newer
>     version of translate-toolkit.
>
>     I can prepare new *.sdf files at my local maschine. I will do it for all
>     languages before the beta release and so on.
>
>     If someone need a developer build to test the recent translation, please
>     ask me, then i will prepare the *.sdf file and commt it into the source
>     code.
>
>     For those who are interested: In the Wiki at
>     https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2 I have filed a
>     description of the process. Suggestions for improvements are very welcome.
>
>     Kind regards
>
>     --
>     Mechtilde Stehmann
>     ## Apache OpenOffice
>     ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>     ## Debian Developer
>     ## PGP encryption welcome
>     ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899 39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 01.12.19 um 14:54 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi all
>
> I have updated some of the Portuguese translations in the new server (thank you Matthias for the HTML files and links)
Thanks, I hope we can soon update the SDF files, so you can see your
recent translations in a build.

> I have one question:
>
> How do I save all Untranslated strings so that I can translate offline using Pootle and then upload?
> I have tried the "Download for offline translation" option but I always get an empty zip file

I just tried with the German translation and got a zip containing all PO
files.
Could you try again?

Regards,

   Matthias

> After finishing can I download all Translated strings so that I have a copy/backup?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Pedro
>

>>     On November 27, 2019 at 8:00 AM Mechtilde < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>>

>>     Hello,
>>
>>     first I want to say a big thank you to Ariel. He prepared the new pootle
>>     server.
>>
>>     Now we can continue working on the translation for Apache OpenOffice 4.2.
>>
>>     At this time The server is accessible under
>>
>>     https://translate-upgrade.apache.org
>>
>>     At the server I can write the data from the database into the *.po
>>     files. The conversion of *.po files into *.sdf files can' t be done on
>>     the server even after the update.
>>
>>     This is because the version of translate-toolkit under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
>>     is too old. Only in the Ubuntu version 20.04 lTS there is a newer
>>     version of translate-toolkit.
>>
>>     I can prepare new *.sdf files at my local maschine. I will do it for all
>>     languages before the beta release and so on.
>>
>>     If someone need a developer build to test the recent translation, please
>>     ask me, then i will prepare the *.sdf file and commt it into the source
>>     code.
>>
>>     For those who are interested: In the Wiki at
>>     https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2 I have filed a
>>     description of the process. Suggestions for improvements are very welcome.
>>
>>     Kind regards
>>
>>     --
>>     Mechtilde Stehmann
>>     ## Apache OpenOffice
>>     ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>>     ## Debian Developer
>>     ## PGP encryption welcome
>>     ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899 39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Matthias, all

>     On December 6, 2019 at 9:29 AM Matthias Seidel < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>

>     I just tried with the German translation and got a zip containing all PO
>     files.
>     Could you try again?

Just downloaded the full Portuguese translation and uploaded an updated po file!
Everything is working perfectly! Thank you all!

One question: Pootle tags these 4 strings as Critical errors because the text contains "Python brace holders"

https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/pt/aoo40help/translate/helpcontent2/source/text/scalc/01.po#filter=checks&category=critical

However if I click on "Mute quality check" (the red sign to the right of text "Python brace holders") to validate that this is correct in this translation (the original contains the same brace holders), I get an error message "Not found" and the check is not muted
Muting similar errors worked for 9 similar cases but not for these 4.

Can someone fix this?

Regards,
Pedro

Am 06.12.19 um 12:38 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias, all
>
>>     On December 6, 2019 at 9:29 AM Matthias Seidel < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>>
>>     I just tried with the German translation and got a zip containing all PO
>>     files.
>>     Could you try again?
>>
> Just downloaded the full Portuguese translation and uploaded an updated po file!
> Everything is working perfectly! Thank you all!
>
> One question: Pootle tags these 4 strings as Critical errors because the text contains "Python brace holders"
>
> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/pt/aoo40help/translate/helpcontent2/source/text/scalc/01.po#filter=checks&category=critical
>
> However if I click on "Mute quality check" (the red sign to the right of text "Python brace holders") to validate that this is correct in this translation (the original contains the same brace holders), I get an error message "Not found" and the check is not muted
> Muting similar errors worked for 9 similar cases but not for these 4.
Mechtilde already fixed it for Portuguese.

Workaround: Edit the string, save it. Revert the edit, save it. Then you
can mute the warning.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Can someone fix this?
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Matthias

Thank you for the update and thank you Mechtilde for fixing the issue.

Regards,
Pedro

>     On December 7, 2019 at 4:33 PM Matthias Seidel < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>

>     Hi Pedro,
>
>     Am 06.12.19 um 12:38 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>
>         > >         Hi Matthias, all
> >
> >     >     >> On December 6, 2019 at 9:29 AM Matthias Seidel < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] mailto: [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>     >>
>     >> I just tried with the German translation and got a zip containing all PO
>     >> files.
>     >> Could you try again?
>     >>
>
>         > >         Just downloaded the full Portuguese translation and uploaded an updated po file!
> >         Everything is working perfectly! Thank you all!
> >
> >     >
>         > >         One question: Pootle tags these 4 strings as Critical errors because the text contains "Python brace holders"
> >
> >     >
>         > >         https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/pt/aoo40help/translate/helpcontent2/source/text/scalc/01.po#filter=checks&category=critical
> >
> >     >
>         > >         However if I click on "Mute quality check" (the red sign to the right of text "Python brace holders") to validate that this is correct in this translation (the original contains the same brace holders), I get an error message "Not found" and the check is not muted
> >         Muting similar errors worked for 9 similar cases but not for these 4.
> >
> >     >     Mechtilde already fixed it for Portuguese.
>
>     Workaround: Edit the string, save it. Revert the edit, save it. Then you
>     can mute the warning.
>
>     Regards,
>
>        Matthias
>
>     >
>
>         > >         Can someone fix this?
> >
> >     >
>         > >         Regards,
> >         Pedro
> >
> >     >

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

New builds are up (including updated Portuguese translation):

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 07.12.19 um 17:41 schrieb Pedro Lino:

> Hi Matthias
>
> Thank you for the update and thank you Mechtilde for fixing the issue.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro
>
>>     On December 7, 2019 at 4:33 PM Matthias Seidel < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>>

>>     Hi Pedro,
>>
>>     Am 06.12.19 um 12:38 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>>
>>         > >         Hi Matthias, all
>>>     >     >> On December 6, 2019 at 9:29 AM Matthias Seidel < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] mailto: [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>>     >>
>>     >> I just tried with the German translation and got a zip containing all PO
>>     >> files.
>>     >> Could you try again?
>>     >>
>>
>>         > >         Just downloaded the full Portuguese translation and uploaded an updated po file!
>>>         Everything is working perfectly! Thank you all!
>>>
>>>     >
>>         > >         One question: Pootle tags these 4 strings as Critical errors because the text contains "Python brace holders"
>>>     >
>>         > >         https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/pt/aoo40help/translate/helpcontent2/source/text/scalc/01.po#filter=checks&category=critical
>>>     >
>>         > >         However if I click on "Mute quality check" (the red sign to the right of text "Python brace holders") to validate that this is correct in this translation (the original contains the same brace holders), I get an error message "Not found" and the check is not muted
>>>         Muting similar errors worked for 9 similar cases but not for these 4.
>>>
>>>     >     Mechtilde already fixed it for Portuguese.
>>     Workaround: Edit the string, save it. Revert the edit, save it. Then you
>>     can mute the warning.
>>
>>     Regards,
>>
>>        Matthias
>>
>>     >
>>
>>         > >         Can someone fix this?
>>>     >
>>         > >         Regards,
>>>         Pedro
>>>
>>>     >

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Mathias

Thank you!
This is really useful to check the consistency of the translation.

Regards,
Pedro

> [...]
>     >>> >
>     >> > > One question: Pootle tags these 4 strings as Critical errors because the text contains "Python brace holders"
>     >>> >
>     >> > > https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/pt/aoo40help/translate/helpcontent2/source/text/scalc/01.po#filter=checks&category=critical
>     >>> >
>     >> > > However if I click on "Mute quality check" (the red sign to the right of text "Python brace holders") to validate that this is correct in this translation (the original contains the same brace holders), I get an error message "Not found" and the check is not muted
>     >>> Muting similar errors worked for 9 similar cases but not for these 4.
>     >>>
>     >>> > Mechtilde already fixed it for Portuguese.
>     >> Workaround: Edit the string, save it. Revert the edit, save it. Then you

Keith N. McKenna
On 11/27/2019 3:00 AM, Mechtilde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> first I want to say a big thank you to Ariel. He prepared the new pootle
> server.
>
> Now we can continue working on the translation for Apache OpenOffice 4.2.
>
> At this time The server is accessible under
>
> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org
>
> At the server I can write the data from the database into the *.po
> files. The conversion of *.po files into *.sdf files can' t be done on
> the server even after the update.
>
> This is because the version of translate-toolkit under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
> is too old. Only in the Ubuntu version 20.04 lTS there is a newer
> version of translate-toolkit.
>
> I can prepare new *.sdf files at my local maschine. I will do it for all
> languages before the beta release and so on.
>
> If someone need a developer build to test the recent translation, please
> ask me, then i will prepare the *.sdf file and commt it into the source
> code.
>
> For those who are interested: In the Wiki at
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Translation_from_4.2 I have filed a
> description of the process. Suggestions for improvements are very welcome.
>
> Kind regards

Mechtilde;

Though there have not been many lately; were should any new requests for
a poodle account be added: I am presuming to
https://translate-upgrade.apache.org.

Regards
Keith

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
Hi Gavin,

> I can see all of them at:
>
> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/projects/
>
> I am not sure about Apache Hama, has it ever been used?
>
> Matthias
>
> Am 30.11.19 um 12:04 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
>> What about the other projects that use this shared service? JMeter ,
>> Subversion etc - are all their translations in place also?
Any idea when we can switch the new VM to https://translate.a.o ?
Should we open a JIRA ticket for that?

I would really like to give our translators a "GO" before Christmas
(hoping to get some more UIs back to 100%)

@Ariel @Mechtilde: Objections?

Regards,

   Matthias

>> Gav...
>>

>> On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:09 AM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I think we could switch off the old VM now and make the new one available
>>> at
>>>
>>> https://translate.apache.org/
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

>>> welcome.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
No opinion from anyone?!

> Hi Gavin,

>> I can see all of them at:
>>
>> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/projects/
>>
>> I am not sure about Apache Hama, has it ever been used?
>>
>> Matthias
>>
>> Am 30.11.19 um 12:04 schrieb Gavin McDonald:
>>> What about the other projects that use this shared service? JMeter ,
>>> Subversion etc - are all their translations in place also?
> Any idea when we can switch the new VM to https://translate.a.o ?
> Should we open a JIRA ticket for that?
>
> I would really like to give our translators a "GO" before Christmas
> (hoping to get some more UIs back to 100%)
>
> @Ariel @Mechtilde: Objections?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
>>> Gav...

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Dave Fisher-2
Hi Matthias,

Maybe try #asfinfra on the-asf.slack.com, an email to [hidden email], or an INFRA JIRA.

I think John Andrunas was the one working on the service.

Regards,
Dave

> On Dec 14, 2019, at 11:35 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No opinion from anyone?!

>> Hi Gavin,

>>> I can see all of them at:
>>>
>>> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/projects/
>>>
>>> I am not sure about Apache Hama, has it ever been used?
>>>
>>> Matthias

>> Any idea when we can switch the new VM to https://translate.a.o ?
>> Should we open a JIRA ticket for that?
>>
>> I would really like to give our translators a "GO" before Christmas
>> (hoping to get some more UIs back to 100%)
>>
>> @Ariel @Mechtilde: Objections?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

Re: Status of the translation project

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello

For me it is ok to switch off the old VM now and make the new one
available at

https://translate.apache.org/

as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
Hi Dave,

I already updated the ticket [1] a few days ago.
After Ariel had to setup the Pootle server by himself it would be nice
if Infra could now do the switch.

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 14.12.19 um 20:44 schrieb Dave Fisher:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Maybe try #asfinfra on the-asf.slack.com, an email to [hidden email], or an INFRA JIRA.
>
> I think John Andrunas was the one working on the service.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Dec 14, 2019, at 11:35 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> No opinion from anyone?!

>>> Hi Gavin,

>>> Any idea when we can switch the new VM to https://translate.a.o ?
>>> Should we open a JIRA ticket for that?
>>>
>>> I would really like to give our translators a "GO" before Christmas
>>> (hoping to get some more UIs back to 100%)
>>>
>>> @Ariel @Mechtilde: Objections?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of the translation project

Matthias Seidel
Hi Mechtilde,

As long as the switch isn't done, should Keith add new users at

https://translate-upgrade.apache.org

?

Regards,

   Matthias