Steps to install downloaded AOO 4.1.5 installation file?

Steps to install downloaded AOO 4.1.5 installation file?

Ron Clough-2
Operating system Win 8.1   Current AOO version 4.1.4

I now realise I made my previous enquiry too complex, so I'm now focusing
on the essential point.

I have downloaded the full installation file from openoffice.org/download and
the correct filename appears in my Download folder:
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.5_Win_x86_install-en-GB.exe .

However, when I click on the above file to get it to execute, nothing
appears to happen - e.g., no icons appear on desktop. Is there something
more I need to do?

Thanks.  Ron

Re: Steps to install downloaded AOO 4.1.5 installation file?

Martin Groenescheij

On 18/01/18 4:01 PM, Ron Clough wrote:
> Operating system Win 8.1   Current AOO version 4.1.4
>
> I now realise I made my previous enquiry too complex, so I'm now focusing
> on the essential point.

Which previous enquiry, I can't find it.

> I have downloaded the full installation file from openoffice.org/download and
> the correct filename appears in my Download folder:
> Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.5_Win_x86_install-en-GB.exe .
>
> However, when I click on the above file to get it to execute, nothing
> appears to happen - e.g., no icons appear on desktop. Is there something
> more I need to do?

Yes there is something more you need to do. When you execute the the
file above it create an installation directory on your desktop,
in this directory you find the setup file.

> Thanks.  Ron

Re: Steps to install downloaded AOO 4.1.5 installation file?

Ron Clough-2
Thankyou to Brian and Martin.

Now successfully installed.

(The previous message was on 15 Jan 2018, with subject 'Cannot locate
downloaded 4.1.5 installation file'.)

Ron