Subtraction in Ooo-dev calc

aawisti
Hello Open Office
I greatly appreciate your product over all and am a fan. At this point
however i've used a few evenings on a small annoying issue keeping me
from using Calc proberly: I can't work out wich function is meant to be
used for Subtractions. The problem might partly be due to the fact that
english isn't my native tongue so more advanced mathematical terms is
probably slipping me by.. but i can't help thinking that it would be real
userfriendly of you simply calling it subtraction or mark out the 4 main
calculating methods in bold or something - would make Calc way easier to
use. Just a thought.. and i'll probably work it out eventually anyhow
Kind regards Aase Wisti

Re: Subtraction in Ooo-dev calc

marcus.lange
Hi,

a little pointer to the build-in help system. ;-)

Open a spreadsheet and press [F1] to open the help window. In the left
part enter the term "operators" into the input field for index search.
Then double-click the first found item "formula functions". In the right
part the respective Help topic describes which mathematical operators
are possible in OOo Calc and how to use/enter them in the cells.

HTH

Best regards

Marcus

[hidden email] wrote:
> I greatly appreciate your product over all and am a fan. At this point
> however i've used a few evenings on a small annoying issue keeping me
> from using Calc proberly: I can't work out wich function is meant to be
> used for Subtractions. The problem might partly be due to the fact that
> english isn't my native tongue so more advanced mathematical terms is
> probably slipping me by.. but i can't help thinking that it would be real
> userfriendly of you simply calling it subtraction or mark out the 4 main
> calculating methods in bold or something - would make Calc way easier to
> use. Just a thought.. and i'll probably work it out eventually anyhow

Re: Subtraction in Ooo-dev calc

Guy Voets-2
Hello Aase,

you might feel more at ease here:
http://openoffice.dk/

--
Guy
using LibO 3.3.0 and OOo 3.2.1 on a iMac Intel DualCore Snow Leopard