Sum of hours

Fernanda Rocha
Hi,
Sorry to bother you :)

I yearly make maps with de profissional formation of the workers and need to get the total of the hours spent in formation.

ButI never get the sum to work :( Would you please Help me to format it?

I'm adding it…

Thank you so much.

Fernanda Rocha

=?UTF-8?B?Q2FsZW5kw6FyaW8gZGUgRm9ybWHDp8O1ZXMgMjAxOS5vZHM=?= (33K) Download Attachment

Re: Sum of hours

David Robley
Try [hh]:mm If that doesn't solve the problem, please provide a little
more information on exactly what type of data you have and what you are
doing.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 30/5/19 1:08 am, Fernanda Rocha wrote:

> Hi,
> Sorry to bother you :)
>
> I yearly make maps with de profissional formation of the workers and
> need to get the total of the hours spent in formation.
>
> ButI never get the sum to work :( Would you please Help me to format it?
>
> I'm adding it…
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> Fernanda Rocha

Cheers
--
David Robley

Someone threw a beer at Clinton. He dodged it. No doubt a draft.

Re: Sum of hours

Patrick Bravard-2
Hi Fernanda,

Format the cell containing each time to :

Re-enter the time as 6 in each of the cell containing time.

In the sum area, create the formula: =SUM(H3:H74)

Format that cell as :

That will give you what you need.

Patrick Bravard

On 30 May 2019, at 09:07, David Robley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Try [hh]:mm If that doesn't solve the problem, please provide a little more information on exactly what type of data you have and what you are doing.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

On 30/5/19 1:08 am, Fernanda Rocha wrote:
Hi,
Sorry to bother you :)

I yearly make maps with de profissional formation of the workers and need to get the total of the hours spent in formation.

ButI never get the sum to work :( Would you please Help me to format it?

I'm adding it…

Thank you so much.

Fernanda Rocha

For additional commands, [hidden email]

Cheers
--
David Robley

Someone threw a beer at Clinton. He dodged it. No doubt a draft.

Re: Sum of hours

Brian Barker-2
At 16:38 29/05/2019 +0100, Fernanda Rocha wrote:
>Sorry to bother you :)

No probs!

>I yearly make maps with de professional
>formation of the workers and need to get the
>total of the hours spent in formation. But I
>never get the sum to work :( Would you please
>Help me to format it? I'm adding it…

First, your hours column (H) is formatted as
Time, but the values you have somehow entered are
actually text, so not numbers at all. You cannot
sum text values. If you format the column first
and *then* type the entries, you will get the
genuine numerical times that you need.

And your formula to sum the values attempts to
use the HOUR() function - inappropriately - but
without giving it any argument. You need
=SUM(H3:H74)
instead, and you will probably need to format the result cell as
[HH]:MM

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker