Summer of Code

aby-3
Respected Sir,
My name is Abraham M. Chacko
I'm from India
I am studying in second year for M.SC(Software Systems) in Tamil Nadu, India
I am capable of doing C++ programs and is interested in the "Convert the Citeproc Bibliographic Formatting Engine to Python or C++" program in Summer of Code
I would like to now more about this project and would really appreciate if i could do this project for you
Please be kind enough to reply
Thanking you
Yours Respectfully,Abraham

Re: Summer of Code

David Wilson-7
Aby,

        Thank you for your interest in our project.
I have re-written the instruction to make it a bit  clearer at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SummerOfCode2006

To understand more about our project you need to careful read the
Bibliographic Project web pages -

Particularly the main page

http://bibliographic.openoffice.org/

and the Developers page
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic_Project's_Developer_Page
and the linked pages.

This page has links to description of  Citeproc Bibliographic Formatting
Engine and to the OOo API, based on UNO (Universal Network Objects).

The actual Citeproc re-coding is a moderately straight forward task. The more
complex part of the task is using the OOo add-on package to use the Citeproc
from within Writer. And to demonstrate that it works -

"The formatting engine should take a list of citation reference IDs from
Writer and return the formatted citation text and insert it into Writer."

You should only apply for this task if having read this material you feel
understand Cieproc, the OpenOffice UNO process, OOo add-on packages, and
believe that you could use these to test your coding work.

Please feel free to ask us any questions.

regards

David Wilson

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 6:23 am, Aby wrote:

> Respected Sir,
> My name is Abraham M. Chacko
> I'm from India
> I am studying in second year for M.SC(Software Systems) in Tamil Nadu,
> India I am capable of doing C++ programs and is interested in the "Convert
> the Citeproc Bibliographic Formatting Engine to Python or C++" program in
> Summer of Code
> I would like to now more about this project and would really appreciate if
> i could do this project for you
> Please be kind enough to reply
> Thanking you
> Yours Respectfully,Abraham

Re: Summer of Code

Matt Price-3
anyone heard whether there are any applicants for the biblio projects?

matt

Re: Summer of Code

David Wilson-7
Matt,

        Thanks for asking, I have been rather busy with the the SOC.

There were four applicants and we are sorting them out. I think we may get
some of the tasks or at least one tasks done.I can't really say much more
until the final decisions are made.

regards