SuperbChemistry Add-on Installation????

Douglas Shuck
Hello:

I cannot get this add-on to install and OO doesn't seem to know what the
Main.xbs file is or what it is supposed to associated with. Can anyone
please help?

Best Regards,
Doug

Re: SuperbChemistry Add-on Installation????

RA Brown
** Plese reply to the mailing list only **

On Wed Feb 02 2011 11:52:39 GMT-0800 (PST)  Douglas Shuck wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I cannot get this add-on to install and OO doesn't seem to know what the
> Main.xbs file is or what it is supposed to associated with. Can anyone
> please help?
>
> Best Regards,
> Doug

Where did you get the extension?  Extensions for OpenOffice.org have the
  OXT extension so I am not sure the XBS will be recognized by the
Extension Manager.

HTH
Andy

Re: SuperbChemistry Add-on Installation????

Alexander Thurgood
Le 03/02/11 19:28, RA Brown a écrit :

> Where did you get the extension?  Extensions for OpenOffice.org have the
>  OXT extension so I am not sure the XBS will be recognized by the
> Extension Manager.

It can be obtained here :

https://mattmccutchen.net/schem/index.html

file. Then you start OOo, go to Tools > Extensions manager, then click
on Add, find the file you just downloaded and select Open. Depending on
your operating system and your user rights, you may be asked whether you
want to install just for the current user or all users (which will
require admin privileges on the system). Once installed, close OOo,
restart it and load the test document that is available here  :

https://mattmccutchen.net/schem/SuperbChemistry-2.2-test.odt

Then go to Tools > Macros > Run Macro
Click on My Macros if you installed the extension just for yourself,
else click on OpenOffice.org Macros if you installed the extension for
all users.

Click on the arrow next to SuperbChemistry, then Main, and then the
first entry in the list of available macros, Format Document, then click
on Run. The test document will be formatted accordingly.

I don't know whether this extension is supposed to have buttons that
display as a toolbar, but if that is the case, then the extension has
not been correctly packaged, because I see none.

Alex