Support for sv-FI

Per Eriksson-2
Hi,

I just received a request from a university in Sweden to add support for
sv-FI - Swedish (Finland).

The similarities/difference from sv - Swedish are the following:

- The dictionary is the same
- Dates are written in a different way
- The currency is Euro (€)

Is number 2 and 3 already supported in OpenOffice.org, so the dictionary
is the only thing that is missing?

If the dictionary for sv-FI is only missing, what is the producure to
add sv as a separate copy for sv-FI and maintain it in the same way?

Best Regards

Per Eriksson

Re: Support for sv-FI

thomas.lange

Hi Per,

Per Eriksson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just received a request from a university in Sweden to add support for
> sv-FI - Swedish (Finland).
>
> The similarities/difference from sv - Swedish are the following:
>
> - The dictionary is the same
> - Dates are written in a different way
> - The currency is Euro (€)
>
> Is number 2 and 3 already supported in OpenOffice.org, so the dictionary
> is the only thing that is missing?
>
> If the dictionary for sv-FI is only missing, what is the producure to
> add sv as a separate copy for sv-FI and maintain it in the same way?

Since 'Swedish (Finnland)' is already a known language in the UI (e.g.
Format/Character dialog) the following needs to be done:

a) the provider of the Finnish dictionary extension needs to be
contacted and be asked to add the locale 'sv-FI' to the locales entry in
the file dictionary.xcu of the extension.

b) in order to have the date and currency issues solved someone (usually
the submitter of a respective issue) needs to provide a complete locale
data set for sv-FI. Part of that will be the currency and date-time
format to be used.

For both of the above a separate issue needs to be submitted.
The first one can be assigned to me (tl) and I will then start looking
for a way to contact the extension maintainer. The second issue should
be assigned to the localization project.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Support for sv-FI

Per Eriksson-2
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your answers. I will make sure that sv-FI is added to the
extension, and will file a separate issue for the dictionaries-file
under $SRC_ROOT/dictionaries/sv-SE/dictionaries.xcu will be changed.

Does there exist any template for the data set with the parameters
needed to be set?

Best Regards

Per Eriksson

Thomas Lange - Sun Microsystems skrev 2010-01-04 16:24:

> Hi Per,
>
> Per Eriksson wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just received a request from a university in Sweden to add support for
>> sv-FI - Swedish (Finland).
>>
>> The similarities/difference from sv - Swedish are the following:
>>
>> - The dictionary is the same
>> - Dates are written in a different way
>> - The currency is Euro (€)
>>
>> Is number 2 and 3 already supported in OpenOffice.org, so the dictionary
>> is the only thing that is missing?
>>
>> If the dictionary for sv-FI is only missing, what is the producure to
>> add sv as a separate copy for sv-FI and maintain it in the same way?
>>

> Since 'Swedish (Finnland)' is already a known language in the UI (e.g.
> Format/Character dialog) the following needs to be done:
>
> a) the provider of the Finnish dictionary extension needs to be
> contacted and be asked to add the locale 'sv-FI' to the locales entry in
> the file dictionary.xcu of the extension.
>
> b) in order to have the date and currency issues solved someone (usually
> the submitter of a respective issue) needs to provide a complete locale
> data set for sv-FI. Part of that will be the currency and date-time
> format to be used.
>
> For both of the above a separate issue needs to be submitted.
> The first one can be assigned to me (tl) and I will then start looking
> for a way to contact the extension maintainer. The second issue should
> be assigned to the localization project.
>

> Regards,
> Thomas

Re: Support for sv-FI

Per Eriksson-2
Hi Thomas,

i18npool/source/localedata/data/sv_FI.xml

seems to be ok. Is this the file that you was referring to?

Best Regards

Per

Per Eriksson skrev 2010-01-06 13:51:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thank you for your answers. I will make sure that sv-FI is added to
> the extension, and will file a separate issue for the
> dictionaries-file under $SRC_ROOT/dictionaries/sv-SE/dictionaries.xcu
> will be changed.
>
> Does there exist any template for the data set with the parameters
> needed to be set?
>
> Best Regards
>
> Per Eriksson
>

> Thomas Lange - Sun Microsystems skrev 2010-01-04 16:24:
>> Hi Per,
>>
>> Per Eriksson wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just received a request from a university in Sweden to add support
>>> for
>>> sv-FI - Swedish (Finland).
>>>
>>> The similarities/difference from sv - Swedish are the following:
>>>
>>> - The dictionary is the same
>>> - Dates are written in a different way
>>> - The currency is Euro (€)
>>>
>>> Is number 2 and 3 already supported in OpenOffice.org, so the
>>> dictionary
>>> is the only thing that is missing?
>>>
>>> If the dictionary for sv-FI is only missing, what is the producure to
>>> add sv as a separate copy for sv-FI and maintain it in the same way?
>>>
>> Since 'Swedish (Finnland)' is already a known language in the UI (e.g.
>> Format/Character dialog) the following needs to be done:
>>
>> a) the provider of the Finnish dictionary extension needs to be
>> contacted and be asked to add the locale 'sv-FI' to the locales entry in
>> the file dictionary.xcu of the extension.
>>
>> b) in order to have the date and currency issues solved someone (usually
>> the submitter of a respective issue) needs to provide a complete locale
>> data set for sv-FI. Part of that will be the currency and date-time
>> format to be used.
>>
>> For both of the above a separate issue needs to be submitted.
>> The first one can be assigned to me (tl) and I will then start looking
>> for a way to contact the extension maintainer. The second issue should
>> be assigned to the localization project.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Thomas

Re: Support for sv-FI

thomas.lange

Hi Per,
> i18npool/source/localedata/data/sv_FI.xml
>
> seems to be ok. Is this the file that you was referring to?

Yes thats it.
Since it already exists and seems to be fine we have nothing left to do
for this part.
Thus the only thing to get done is adding the locale sv-FI to the
dictionary of the Swedish dictionary extension.

Thomas

Re: Support for sv-FI

Per Eriksson-2
Hi Thomas,

Ok, I'll submit the issue when the Swedish team is done, and publish an
update on extensions.s.oo.o.

Btw, can the online update for extensions update the prop of the
dictionaries.xcu before it has been integrated in the main installation set?

Best

Per

Thomas Lange - Sun Microsystems skrev 2010-01-06 14:42:

> Hi Per,
>
>> i18npool/source/localedata/data/sv_FI.xml
>>
>> seems to be ok. Is this the file that you was referring to?
>>

> Yes thats it.
> Since it already exists and seems to be fine we have nothing left to do
> for this part.
> Thus the only thing to get done is adding the locale sv-FI to the
> dictionary of the Swedish dictionary extension.
>
> Thomas

Re: Support for sv-FI

thomas.lange

Hi Per,

Per Eriksson wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Ok, I'll submit the issue when the Swedish team is done, and publish an
> update on extensions.s.oo.o.
>
> Btw, can the online update for extensions update the prop of the
> dictionaries.xcu before it has been integrated in the main installation set?

Yes it can.
Basically updating is just removing the old and installing the new one.
The supported languages are always obtained from the extensions
dictionaries in use.

Thomas