Syntax in Calc to denote current date and financial balance.

Syntax in Calc to denote current date and financial balance.

Paul Collins
Hello fellow AOO users and fans,

I need to create a simple financial statement spreadsheet to indicate readily the available funds to a charitable body at any given date.

The formulae syntax I am seeking will enable me to

• formulate a cell to the current date;
• calculate new balance after new credit/debit entry is inserted into spreadsheet - e.g. BALANCE (F6) added to new entry (E7) to give new balance in cell F7.

I am grateful for any advice AOO users may be able to offer.

Sincerely, ranger1.

Re: Syntax in Calc to denote current date and financial balance.

John van Barneveld
The function for the current date is =TODAY()

If you have a list of entries in column E and the running balance in F
(I assume this from your question) then the running balance is
calculated by adding the new entry to the value in F6.  The formula is
then =E7+F6.  Copy this formula down row F and it will use relative cell
addressing (ie the next line down in F will read =E8+F7).

John van Barneveld

>I need to create a simple financial statement spreadsheet to indicate
>readily the available funds to a charitable body at any given date.
>
>The formulae syntax I am seeking will enable me to
>
>• formulate a cell to the current date;
>• calculate new balance after new credit/debit entry is inserted into
>spreadsheet - e.g. BALANCE (F6) added to new entry (E7) to give new
>balance in cell F7.
>
>I am grateful for any advice AOO users may be able to offer.
>
>Sincerely, ranger1.

---