Tables

jordan davis
Hi, I'm using OpenOffice and I'm using a table (to show a football league table) and when putting in the goal difference I want to put +4 etc but the + disappears every time. Is there a way around this?

Also, I want to border the bottom of just one row but whenever I insert a border the row increases in height and is bigger than all the other rows.

Thanks, Jordan

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tables

Martin Groenescheij

On 02/03/17 9:25 PM, jordan davis wrote:
> Hi, I'm using OpenOffice and I'm using a table (to show a football league table) and when putting in the goal difference I want to put +4 etc but the + disappears every time. Is there a way around this?

You can format the cell go to: Format -> Cell and select Number enter
+0;[RED]--0 in the Format Code field

> Also, I want to border the bottom of just one row but whenever I insert a border the row increases in height and is bigger than all the other rows.

Select the rows and Right Click your mouse then select Row Height and
enter the height

> Thanks, Jordan
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tables

Brian Barker
At 10:25 02/03/2017 +0000, Jordan Davis wrote:
>I'm using OpenOffice and I'm using a table (to show a football league table)

Is this in a spreadsheet or in a table in a text document? I'm
guessing the latter.

>... and when putting in the goal difference I want to put +4 etc but
>the + disappears every time. Is there a way around this?

Remove the tick at Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Writer | Table |
Input in tables | Number recognition.

>Also, I want to border the bottom of just one row but whenever I
>insert a border the row increases in height and is bigger than all
>the other rows.

I'm not sure you can avoid this happening as you edit, but you can
set row heights explicitly either collectively or separately at Table
| Autofit > | Row Height... . You will want to remove the tick from
"Fit to size".

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Tables

Dave-5

Re: Tables

Martin Groenescheij
Please reply to [hidden email] only, this way you reach more volunteers that could assist.

Sent from my mobile device.

> On 2 Mar 2017, at 10:06 pm, jordan davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, I can't find cell when I click on format...

I assume you use calc, the spreadsheet function.
You need to select at least one cell to be able to format it.

> When I change the height of the row it won't go any smaller no matter how small I put the height so it's still bigger than the rest. And when I take off 'fit to size' it goes to the right size but the line covers the writing and it has white across the top of the line covering the letters/numbers.

So you are able to set the row height. Then the other problem is a line that covers the writing, well delete the line and use again Format Cell now select Border and play with it till your satisfied.