Tables

heatermarie03
We are trying to use a table and input numbers in said table. If we input a number with a comma and move to another cell, the comma gets deleted. And, when we input a fraction (formatted 1/2) and move out of the cell, it changes it to a date. How do we stop it from doing this?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Tables

Brian Barker-2
At 08:47 25/03/2021 -0600, Marie Heater wrote:
>We are trying to use a table and input numbers in said table.

You mean a table in a text (Writer) document - right?

>If we input a number with a comma and move to another cell, the
>comma gets deleted.

I'm guessing that you are using locale in which the comma is the
fractional separator? In that case, "123," (what I would enter as
"123.") is numerically equal to 123.

>And, when we input a fraction (formatted 1/2) and move out of the
>cell, it changes it to a date.

These are as a result of OpenOffice "helpfully" interpreting your input!

>How do we stop it from doing this?

Simple: go to Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Writer | Table | Input
in tables, and remove the tick from "Number recognition".

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Tables

Robin Lord
I use the format option on the column headers to say what format you require

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021, at 14:47, heatermarie03 wrote:

> We are trying to use a table and input numbers in said table. If we
> input a number with a comma and move to another cell, the comma gets
> deleted. And, when we input a fraction (formatted 1/2) and move out of
> the cell, it changes it to a date. How do we stop it from doing this?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Best Regards

Robin