Technical difficulties with OpenOffice.org and my updated Mac OS Catalina system; please help asap \

Technical difficulties with OpenOffice.org and my updated Mac OS Catalina system; please help asap \

Dominique Kohlenberger
Hi
I have been using OpenOffice.org for years with my MacBook Pro Sierra. I recently had update to Catalina and now I can no longer use your software. Please advise what I need to do in order to be able to continue to use OpenOffice.org. Do I need to download apache? Please help asap!

Thank you kindly

Dominique Kohlenberger, MSPT
Certified Health Coach
C: 941-928-6175

A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at the time: "pills or stairs”!

Re: Technical difficulties with OpenOffice.org and my updated Mac OS Catalina system; please help asap \

w100dro Roy

No
--
Sent from Hotmail Email App for Android
Thursday, 26 December 2019, 06:43p.m. +00:00 from Dominique Kohlenberger <[hidden email]>:
HiI have been using OpenOffice.org for years with my MacBook Pro Sierra. I recently had update to Catalina and now I can no longer use your software. Please advise what I need to do in order to be able to continue to use OpenOffice.org. Do I need to download apache? Please help asap!
Thank you kindly
Dominique Kohlenberger, MSPT
Certified Health Coach
C: 941-928-6175
A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at the time: "pills or stairs”!
https://www.facebook.com/dkohlenberger
Take your wellbeing evaluation here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2596183/Well-being-Evaluation?hc-email=dkohlenberger@...

Re: Technical difficulties with OpenOffice.org and my updated Mac OS Catalina system; please help asap \

Steven Ahlers
Dominique,

Please provide more specific information:
What version of OpenOffice are you using? Right click (control click) the OpenOffice icon in the Applications folder and choose About.

How are you trying to start OpenOffice? From the Dashboard, from the Applications folder, double clicking a document, ...

What if any error message(s) are you getting?

Please respond to: [hidden email]
so that all users can assist you.

As a courtesy I have copied this message to you. If you’re not subscribed to the users group you may miss other users assistance.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 26, 2019, at 12:43 PM, Dominique Kohlenberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
> I have been using OpenOffice.org for years with my MacBook Pro Sierra. I recently had update to Catalina and now I can no longer use your software. Please advise what I need to do in order to be able to continue to use OpenOffice.org. Do I need to download apache? Please help asap!
>
> Thank you kindly
>
> Dominique Kohlenberger, MSPT
> Certified Health Coach
> C: 941-928-6175
>
> <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>
>

> A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at the time: "pills or stairs”!
>
> https://www.facebook.com/dkohlenberger
>
> Take your wellbeing evaluation here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2596183/Well-being-Evaluation?hc-email=dkohlenberger@...

Re[2]: Technical difficulties with OpenOffice.org and my updated Mac OS Catalina system; please help asap \

w100dro Roy

No
--
Thursday, 26 December 2019, 07:00p.m. +00:00 from Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]>:
Dominique,
Please provide more specific information:
What version of OpenOffice are you using? Right click (control click) the OpenOffice icon in the Applications folder and choose About.
How are you trying to start OpenOffice? From the Dashboard, from the Applications folder, double clicking a document, ...
What if any error message(s) are you getting?
Please respond to: [hidden email]
so that all users can assist you.
As a courtesy I have copied this message to you. If you’re not subscribed to the users group you may miss other users assistance.
Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 26, 2019, at 12:43 PM, Dominique Kohlenberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
> I have been using OpenOffice.org for years with my MacBook Pro Sierra. I recently had update to Catalina and now I can no longer use your software. Please advise what I need to do in order to be able to continue to use OpenOffice.org. Do I need to download apache? Please help asap!
>
> Thank you kindly
>
> Dominique Kohlenberger, MSPT
> Certified Health Coach
> C: 941-928-6175
>
> <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>
>

> A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at the time: "pills or stairs”!
>
> https://www.facebook.com/dkohlenberger
>
> Take your wellbeing evaluation here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2596183/Well-being-Evaluation?hc-email=dkohlenberger@...

Re: Technical difficulties with OpenOffice.org and my updated Mac OS Catalina system; please help asap \

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 13:42:28 -0500
Dominique Kohlenberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> I have been using OpenOffice.org for years with my MacBook Pro Sierra. I recently had update to Catalina and now I can no longer use your software. Please advise what I need to do in order to be able to continue to use OpenOffice.org. Do I need to download apache? Please help asap!
>
> Thank you kindly
>
> Dominique Kohlenberger, MSPT
> Certified Health Coach
> C: 941-928-6175

See this post for a solution to your problem
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=75066&p=340454&hilit=gatekeeper#p340454

The problem is, I believe, caused by Gatekeeper on the Mac.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Technical difficulties with OpenOffice.org and my updated Mac OS Catalina system; please help asap \

Steven Ahlers
Dominique’s response:

Thank you for getting back with me so promptly
To answer your questions
1/ version 3.3.0
2/ starting from dashboard and tried application
3/ error message

Dominique,

You need to update OpenOffice your version is way out of date.

Go to:

to download the most recent version. Follow ALL instructions in the release notes to install and run, including how to deal with Gatekeeper.

If you have any further questions please respond to:

[hidden email]

not my personal email address.

Sent from my iPhone

Take your wellbeing evaluation here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2596183/Well-being-Evaluation?hc-email=[hidden email]