Testing: Is there any interest in the old TestLink system and/or test cases?

Testing: Is there any interest in the old TestLink system and/or test cases?

Kay Schenk-2
As I previously posted, the old TestLink instance is still alive but NOT
well on: http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/login.php?note=expired

referenced from the Apache OpenOffice QA information at:
https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html

* Is there any interest in revising TestLink completely?

This would require contacting adfinish-sygroup.org to establish a new
admin for our TestLink instance who would then be responsible for
general oversight of this platform including adding users, etc.

Recently, I setup a guest account and had a look around. It seems SOME
tests are continuing to be run automatically (bvt, etc.), but they are
referencing the old 4.0.x series and I have no knowledge of how any of
this is setup.

* Is there any interest in salvaging the existing test cases (manual
write-ups) from the TestLink system and porting them to the AOO svn tree
under "/test" with a new sub-are named "manual_tests" or something similar.

The manual test cases most recently pertained to 4.0.x but I'm sure they
could continue to be used for the 4.1.x and 4.2.x series.

Re: Testing: Is there any interest in the old TestLink system and/or test cases?

Carl Marcum
On 01/30/2018 05:47 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> As I previously posted, the old TestLink instance is still alive but
> NOT well on: http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/login.php?note=expired
>
> referenced from the Apache OpenOffice QA information at:
> https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html
>
> * Is there any interest in revising TestLink completely?
>
> This would require contacting adfinish-sygroup.org to establish a new
> admin for our TestLink instance who would then be responsible for
> general oversight of this platform including adding users, etc.
>
> Recently, I setup a guest account and had a look around. It seems SOME
> tests are continuing to be run automatically (bvt, etc.), but they are
> referencing the old 4.0.x series and I have no knowledge of how any of
> this is setup.
>
> * Is there any interest in salvaging the existing test cases (manual
> write-ups) from the TestLink system and porting them to the AOO svn
> tree under "/test" with a new sub-are named "manual_tests" or
> something similar.
>
> The manual test cases most recently pertained to 4.0.x but I'm sure
> they could continue to be used for the 4.1.x and 4.2.x series.

Hi Kay,

I hope to one day soon try my hand at some QA.

I just looked around TestLink and it looks interesting.
Is this web service donated to the project?

Is there a risk of loosing this information somehow?

Thanks,
Carl

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 3:37 PM, Carl Marcum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/30/2018 05:47 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> As I previously posted, the old TestLink instance is still alive but NOT
>> well on: http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/login.php?note=expired
>>
>> referenced from the Apache OpenOffice QA information at:
>> https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html
>>
>> * Is there any interest in revising TestLink completely?
>>
>> This would require contacting adfinish-sygroup.org to establish a new
>> admin for our TestLink instance who would then be responsible for general
>> oversight of this platform including adding users, etc.
>>
>> Recently, I setup a guest account and had a look around. It seems SOME
>> tests are continuing to be run automatically (bvt, etc.), but they are
>> referencing the old 4.0.x series and I have no knowledge of how any of this
>> is setup.
>>
>> * Is there any interest in salvaging the existing test cases (manual
>> write-ups) from the TestLink system and porting them to the AOO svn tree
>> under "/test" with a new sub-are named "manual_tests" or something similar.
>>
>> The manual test cases most recently pertained to 4.0.x but I'm sure they
>> could continue to be used for the 4.1.x and 4.2.x series.
>>

> Hi Kay,
>
> I hope to one day soon try my hand at some QA.
>
> I just looked around TestLink and it looks interesting.
> Is this web service donated to the project?
>
> Is there a risk of loosing this information somehow?
>
> Thanks,
> Carl

​Carl, I don't really know the answer to your first question about donation
of the Testlink platform to AOO.

Yuzhen Fan, a current committer and PMC member, seems to be the last
administrator of
​Testlink with the Adfinis group​, and may have some answers on this.

On the second question. Although there are some test cases ported to the
AOO user wiki, we would be wise to collect up the test cases on the
Testlink platform as soon as we can for safekeeping.

Previously, I was only involved in QA as a tester.

MzK

"Ring out the false, ring in the true."
 -- poem "In Memoriam", Alfred Lord Tennyson

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 8:27 AM, Kay Schenk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 3:37 PM, Carl Marcum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 01/30/2018 05:47 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>>> As I previously posted, the old TestLink instance is still alive but NOT
>>> well on: http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/login.php?note=expired
>>>
>>> referenced from the Apache OpenOffice QA information at:
>>> https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html
>>>
>>> * Is there any interest in revising TestLink completely?
>>>
>>> This would require contacting adfinish-sygroup.org to establish a new
>>> admin for our TestLink instance who would then be responsible for general
>>> oversight of this platform including adding users, etc.
>>>
>>> Recently, I setup a guest account and had a look around. It seems SOME
>>> tests are continuing to be run automatically (bvt, etc.), but they are
>>> referencing the old 4.0.x series and I have no knowledge of how any of this
>>> is setup.
>>>
>>> * Is there any interest in salvaging the existing test cases (manual
>>> write-ups) from the TestLink system and porting them to the AOO svn tree
>>> under "/test" with a new sub-are named "manual_tests" or something similar.
>>>
>>> The manual test cases most recently pertained to 4.0.x but I'm sure they
>>> could continue to be used for the 4.1.x and 4.2.x series.
>>>

>> Hi Kay,
>>
>> I hope to one day soon try my hand at some QA.
>>
>> I just looked around TestLink and it looks interesting.
>> Is this web service donated to the project?
>>
>> Is there a risk of loosing this information somehow?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Carl
>>

> ​Carl, I don't really know the answer to your first question about
> donation of the Testlink platform to AOO.
>
> Yuzhen Fan, a current committer and PMC member, seems to be the last
> administrator of
> ​Testlink with the Adfinis group​, and may have some answers on this.
>
> On the second question. Although there are some test cases ported to the
> AOO user wiki, we would be wise to collect up the test cases on the
> Testlink platform as soon as we can for safekeeping.
>
> Previously, I was only involved in QA as a tester.

​A slight clarification on this response.

The TestLink instance on ​
 http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/
​was setup and administered by members of the QA area initially, all PMC
members.

Some AOO committers involved in QA, myself included, had administrative
capabilities within the AOO TestLink instance but not the actual instance
itself.