Testing fonts in a document/presentation

Testing fonts in a document/presentation

Akash Agrawal
Hi,

I have a task in hand. I want to see what all fonts are used in a particular
ppt/doc file. And want to see if I have to replace fonts in order to operate
on the same file. I am a novice to OpenOffice and it will be very helpful if
someone can help with the same.

Is FontDescriptor helpful for this thing? How can I use that in python
script?

http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/awt/FontDescriptor.html

Thanks,
Akash

Re: Testing fonts in a document/presentation

mike scott-2
On 09/11/2010 11:29, Akash Agrawal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a task in hand. I want to see what all fonts are used in a particular
> ppt/doc file. And want to see if I have to replace fonts in order to operate
> on the same file. I am a novice to OpenOffice and it will be very helpful if
> someone can help with the same.

Is
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/TestFonts
what you're after?

(BTW you may miss answers because you're not subscribed to the list.
[hidden email] is in any case the proper place, I believe, for
support queries like this. Email [hidden email] to
subscribe)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

Re: Testing fonts in a document/presentation

Akash Agrawal
Thanks Mike for your answer. Since I am very new to open-office, can you
please help how to install this extension on unix and use
it programmatically in Python?

I will also suscribe to users list.

BR,
Akash

On 10/11/10 08:04, Akash Agrawal wrote:
> Thanks Mike for your answer. Since I am very new to open-office, can you
> please help how to install this extension on unix and use
> it programmatically in Python?
>
> I will also suscribe to users list.

Incidentally, it's normal just to send mails to the list. People don't
want or need 'personal copies' except in unusual circumstances.

(and apologies from me to both lists - I seem as a result of that to
have managed to switch the thread from one list to the other. I suggest
keeping this on 'users' as the OP appears to have subscribed there.)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England