Thanks!

Edi Mesic
Thank you.

I just wasted three hours of my life, writing an extensive report. It’s not so much about quantity, as it is about quality.
All the ideas and creativity: completely and utterly lost because your program crashes for apparently no reason whatsoever.

I am uninstalling this GARBAGE of a program and I will spend the rest of my life slandering your
program, site and community on the internet. Further damage, of what is already, a very shitty reputation.

Die in a fire.

Sincerely,

An ex-user

RE: Thanks!

a.baba
Isn't there some way Ed can retrieve what he created?

Re: Thanks!

Fernando Cassia
On 8/27/17, Edi Mesic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> I just wasted three hours of my life, writing an extensive report. It’s not
> so much about quantity, as it is about quality.
> All the ideas and creativity: completely and utterly lost because your
> program crashes for apparently no reason whatsoever.

That's how you learn to SAVE OFTEN.

Browsers can crash, too. It happened to me many times until I how
regularly hit "save draft" on HTML GMail (I stopped using AJAX GMail
because the new GMail Compose is garbage).

Power glitches can also make your PC reboot in the middle of your
work, too (that's why some people get UPS units, too).

In short: live and learn...

FC

Re: Thanks!

Fernando Cassia
> Isn't there some way Ed can retrieve what he created?

If the app crashes usually when you restart a dialog comes up offering
you to "recover" your unsaved document.

Something like this
http://cmeimg-a.akamaihd.net/640/ppds/e6df14d1-19f5-47b6-9af6-bd40a717e55b.png

It's been a while since I had AOO crash on a document. Last time I
think it was OpenOffice.org 2.x

btw, I believe this still applies:
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/recover-unsaved-work-openoffice-29581.html

TBH I don't pay much attention to auto-recovery because I learned to
SAVE OFTEN and change filename, to help keep different document
revisions as I go along...

FC