The localization process will be changed into a continuous process soon

12

Re: The localization process will be changed into a continuous process soon

Ivo Hinkelmann - Sun Germany -
Hi,

all I can do is to either remove sk from this list or from pootle. Sadly
I don't have a better mechanism to control what file comes from where. I
will leave Pootle as source. If you decide to not use Pootle please tell
me then I can remove it from Pootle thus the URL list is used again.

Cheers,
Ivo

Branislav Klocok wrote:

> Dňa Pi 10. December 2010 Ivo Hinkelmann napísal (On Pi 10. December
> 2010 Ivo Hinkelmann wrote):
>> while looking through all active languages in Pavels list I saw
>> that  some are using Pootle. I will fetch those from Pootle
>> instead: pootle: ga cy et lt da lv uz sk bg vi ku bn
>>
>> I will still fetch all those by URL:
>> non pootle: sl fi mk el nb nn km be-BY ro
>
> Hello Ivo,
>
> The Slovak (sk) language in pootle is not up to date, please use
> Pavel's url to the latest GSI. I will migrate Slovakian translation to
> pootle in next several weeks, but still need to get my head around the
> pros and cons.
>
> Thanks,

Re: The localization process will be changed into a continuous process soon

Ivo Hinkelmann-2
Hi Andrea,

the development nearly stopped on the OOO330 code line. It does not make
sense to use this code line as there will be no further milestones. And
it is planed to integrate the l10n as well.

We should use the DEV300 now and as soon as the OOO340 code line opens
we go onto this.

Cheers,
Ivo

Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> On 09/12/2010 Ivo Hinkelmann ha scritto:
>> I am happy to announce that soon the localization process will be
>> changed into a continuous process which will allow to provide l10n
>> turnarounds cycles at every milestone.
>
> Nice, it's a very promising development!
>
> Out of curiosity: I see it is now meant to provide updates on the DEV300
> codeline; could a (much simplified) version of it be used to deliver
> updates to language packs for the current (OOO330) codeline?
>
> I would see it as a convenient option for post-release localization
> fixes; the latest version of OOo, 3.2.1, has been out for more than six
> months, and we wondered if there could be a way to update (meaning: fix)
> some Italian strings in this timeframe through a specific language pack.
> It seems that a subset of the new process could allow something like
> this. The main issue I see is with English strings that get removed from
> the DEV300 codeline: if they get removed from Pootle too, then this
> would require extra care.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea Pescetti - Italian N-L Project Lead.

Re: The localization process will be changed into a continuous process soon

Andrea Pescetti
Ivo Hinkelmann wrote:
> the development nearly stopped on the OOO330 code line. It does not make
> sense to use this code line as there will be no further milestones.

Well, I was not mentioning to base the workflow of it, but just to reuse
portions of the mechanism applied to DEV300 to "re-roll" language packs
for OOO330 if needed. Anyway, I understand language fixes will go into
OOo 3.3.1 and that has been acceptable so far, so it will continue to be
acceptable.

> We should use the DEV300 now and as soon as the OOO340 code line opens
> we go onto this.

OK, looks reasonable.

Regards,
  Andrea Pescetti - Italian N-L Project Lead.

Re: The localization process will be changed into a continuous process soon

Branislav Klocok-2
Dňa Po 13. December 2010 Ivo Hinkelmann napísal (On Po 13. December
2010 Ivo Hinkelmann wrote):
> all I can do is to either remove sk from this list or from pootle.
> Sadly  I don't have a better mechanism to control what file comes
> from where. I will leave Pootle as source. If you decide to not
> use Pootle please tell me then I can remove it from Pootle thus
> the URL list is used again.

The latest Slovak translations are now on
http://pootle.services.openoffice.org/. Please use these for builds.

--
Branislav Klocok
Email: [hidden email]

Re: The localization process will be changed into a continuous process soon

Frank Mau-2
Great, thank you. This enables cont. l10n based on Pootle.
-Frank

On 20.12.2010 10:19, Branislav Klocok wrote:

> Dňa Po 13. December 2010 Ivo Hinkelmann napísal (On Po 13. December
> 2010 Ivo Hinkelmann wrote):
>> all I can do is to either remove sk from this list or from pootle.
>> Sadly  I don't have a better mechanism to control what file comes
>> from where. I will leave Pootle as source. If you decide to not
>> use Pootle please tell me then I can remove it from Pootle thus
>> the URL list is used again.
>
> The latest Slovak translations are now on
> http://pootle.services.openoffice.org/. Please use these for builds.

Re: The localization process will be changed into a continuous process soon

Kevin Scannell-2
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:58 AM, Ivo Hinkelmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is an ga also in Pootle. Did you requested the migration to Pootle? We
> can only use one file, either by Pootle or by this URL list. So in case you
> don't use pootle we have to remove it there.
>
> Cheers,
> Ivo

Dear Ivo,
Better late than never... I see I let this response to my message below slip.
I never asked for ga to be added to Pootle, so it's OK with me if you remove it.

Again, all translations are maintained here, and made publically availabe at
this URL:
http://borel.slu.edu/obair/GSI_ga.sdf.bz2

Thanks
Kevin

> Kevin Scannell wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:38 AM, Ivo Hinkelmann
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> while looking through all active languages in Pavels list I saw that some
>>> are using Pootle. I will fetch those from Pootle instead:
>>> pootle: ga cy et lt da lv uz sk bg vi ku bn
>>>
>>> I will still fetch all those by URL:
>>> non pootle: sl fi mk el nb nn km be-BY ro
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ivo
>>>

>> One correction:
>> ga isn't a Pootle language - we've always provided SDF translations to
>> Pavel at this URL:
>> http://borel.slu.edu/obair/GSI_ga.sdf.bz2
>>
>> Thanks
>> Kevin