The registration screen again and again

Dennis J. Tuchler
When I call up a document under OOo 2.0 or call up the application, I
keep getting the registration screen, in which I always click on the
already-registered button  Is there any way to stop OOo from doing that?

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130

Re: The registration screen again and again

Jack L.-3
What OS are you using? It sounds like a file permission problem.

Jack L. wrote:
> What OS are you using? It sounds like a file permission problem.

Linux (SuSE 10)

dj tuchler

> On 11/14/05, Dennis J. Tuchler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>When I call up a document under OOo 2.0 or call up the application, I
>>keep getting the registration screen, in which I always click on the
>>already-registered button Is there any way to stop OOo from doing that?
>>
>>--
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Dennis J. Tuchler
>>University City, Missouri 63130

Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
7330 Kingsbury Boulevard
University City, Missouri 63130

Re: The registration screen again and again

Asrail
Dennis J. Tuchler, 15-11-2005 00:33:
> When I call up a document under OOo 2.0 or call up the application, I
> keep getting the registration screen, in which I always click on the
> already-registered button  Is there any way to stop OOo from doing that?

Try editing the following file $
~/.openoffice.org2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu

Locate the following code:
  <node oor:name="Misc">
   <prop oor:name="FirstRun" oor:type="xs:boolean">
    <value>true</value>
   </prop>
  </node>

and change "true" to "false".

Asrail wrote:

> Dennis J. Tuchler, 15-11-2005 00:33:
>
>> When I call up a document under OOo 2.0 or call up the application, I
>> keep getting the registration screen, in which I always click on the
>> already-registered button  Is there any way to stop OOo from doing that?
>>

> Try editing the following file $
> ~/.openoffice.org2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu
>
> Locate the following code:
>  <node oor:name="Misc">
>   <prop oor:name="FirstRun" oor:type="xs:boolean">
>    <value>true</value>
>   </prop>
>  </node>
>
> and change "true" to "false".

Thanks for your help!  I found the file and discovered that "false" had
been entered where it was supposed to be.  I think that happened because
the last time I opened OOo and got the registration screen, I lied.
Before, I always ticked that I had already registered.  This time, I
simply ticked that I don't want to register.  Oddly, I didn't have that
happen on my other computer (same OS, same Distro, same Desktop mgr).