There is an incorrect translation in simplified chinese home page.

There is an incorrect translation in simplified chinese home page.

HeChi-Lau

Here,http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/.In the third line of action statements,showed "我要求救 OpenOffice 的问题".The word "求救" in chinese means calling for help,especially in a emergency situation.I strongly suggest using "求助" instead.

Re: There is an incorrect translation in simplified chinese home page.

Rob Weir
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:17 AM, HeChi-Lau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here,http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/.In the third line of action statements,showed "我要求救 OpenOffice 的问题".The word "求救" in chinese means calling for help,especially in a emergency situation.I strongly suggest using "求助" instead.

I don't understand Chinese, but I can copy & paste text ;-)   Should
the final text then read:  我要求助 OpenOffice 的问题   ??

-Rob

RE: There is an incorrect translation in simplified chinese home page.

HeChi-Lau

Yes! :-PBy the way,why only the index page is Chinese?I think at least download page should also be.You may not know,office softwares have a great number of users in china,almost all are pirated software.In many chinese minds,Office software=Microsoft office.If have better chinese support,I believe user number will increase.> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:17:29 -0500

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM, HeChi-Lau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes! :-PBy the way,why only the index page is Chinese?I think at least download page should also be.You may not know,office softwares have a great number of users in china,almost all are pirated software.In many chinese minds,Office software=Microsoft office.If have better chinese support,I believe user number will increase.> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:17:29 -0500

Thanks.  I made that fix.

For some languages volunteers have translated the download page.  For
example, see the Spanish download page:

http://www.openoffice.org/es/

If you are interested in translating the page into Chinese, let me
know.  I can send you the source HTML file.  Or you can download it
from:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/download/index.html

There is a lot of JavaScript mixed in, so you need to be careful only
to change the UI text.

-Rob

>> Subject: Re: There is an incorrect translation in simplified chinese home page.
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:17 AM, HeChi-Lau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Here,http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/.In the third line of action statements,showed "我要求救 OpenOffice 的问题".The word "求救" in chinese means calling for help,especially in a emergency situation.I strongly suggest using "求助" instead.
>>
>> I don't understand Chinese, but I can copy & paste text ;-)   Should
>> the final text then read:  我要求助 OpenOffice 的问题   ??
>>
>> -Rob

Re: There is an incorrect translation in simplified chinese home page.

HeChi-Lau
I'm glad to do something for an opensource project,I'll downlodad the pages from svn as I wake up "tomorrow".I'm in bed ,reading my emails,and here is Jan,19 1:32am now.