This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

Chester Campbell
been receiving about help for open office. I am replying to this address. The unsubscribe link at the bottom does not work. How do i stop this email from sending them to me?????

Re: This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

Keith N. McKenna
On 5/30/2018 4:27 PM, Chester Campbell wrote:
> been receiving about help for open office. I am replying to this address. The unsubscribe link at the bottom does not work. How do i stop this email from sending them to me?????

Chester;

Unsubscribing is a two step process. When you send to the unsubscribe
link at the bottom of the page the list management software will send a
confirmation e-mail that must be replied to complete the unsubscribe
process. If you did not receive the confirmation e-mail check your spam
folder to see if your email client sent it there instead of the inbox.
This is the most common reason that unsubscribe appears not to work.

Regards
Keith

Re: This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

Chester Campbell
 Is this a game you guys play????
I sent the replay back twice and both times it was returned as NOT A GOOD EMAIL.
The attachment you sent can not be opened. There is no application that will open it.
Fancy that!!!!!
    On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 2:03:19 PM PDT, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:

 On 5/30/2018 4:27 PM, Chester Campbell wrote:
> been receiving about help for open office. I am replying to this address. The unsubscribe link at the bottom does not work. How do i stop this email from sending them to me?????

Chester;

Unsubscribing is a two step process. When you send to the unsubscribe
link at the bottom of the page the list management software will send a
confirmation e-mail that must be replied to complete the unsubscribe
process. If you did not receive the confirmation e-mail check your spam
folder to see if your email client sent it there instead of the inbox.
This is the most common reason that unsubscribe appears not to work.

Regards
Keith

Re: This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

Dave Fisher
Hi Chester,

We are sorry that you are experiencing these troubles.

The Apache mailing list system can be a little confusing. When you reply are you using the same email address that you subscribed to the list? If not then you will be rejected.

Please share the email you are replying to when you attempt to unsubscribe.

In addition if you would tell us your operating system and mail software that might help in understanding what is broken.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 30, 2018, at 3:10 PM, Chester Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is this a game you guys play????
> I sent the replay back twice and both times it was returned as NOT A GOOD EMAIL.
> The attachment you sent can not be opened. There is no application that will open it.
> Fancy that!!!!!
>    On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 2:03:19 PM PDT, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 5/30/2018 4:27 PM, Chester Campbell wrote:
>> been receiving about help for open office. I am replying to this address. The unsubscribe link at the bottom does not work. How do i stop this email from sending them to me?????
>>
> Chester;
>
> Unsubscribing is a two step process. When you send to the unsubscribe
> link at the bottom of the page the list management software will send a
> confirmation e-mail that must be replied to complete the unsubscribe
> process. If you did not receive the confirmation e-mail check your spam
> folder to see if your email client sent it there instead of the inbox.
> This is the most common reason that unsubscribe appears not to work.
>
> Regards
> Keith

Re: This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

Chester Campbell
 I am using a MACOS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.4 AND YAHOO MAIL.
I have clicked on the "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the emails. It then ask to confirm the "sunsub" which I do and send it.I immediately get a email saying that the address is no good and I continue getting all these emails about open office.
    On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 3:30:39 PM PDT, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Hi Chester,

We are sorry that you are experiencing these troubles.

The Apache mailing list system can be a little confusing. When you reply are you using the same email address that you subscribed to the list? If not then you will be rejected.

Please share the email you are replying to when you attempt to unsubscribe.

In addition if you would tell us your operating system and mail software that might help in understanding what is broken.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 30, 2018, at 3:10 PM, Chester Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is this a game you guys play????
> I sent the replay back twice and both times it was returned as NOT A GOOD EMAIL.
> The attachment you sent can not be opened. There is no application that will open it.
> Fancy that!!!!!
>    On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 2:03:19 PM PDT, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 5/30/2018 4:27 PM, Chester Campbell wrote:
>> been receiving about help for open office. I am replying to this address. The unsubscribe link at the bottom does not work. How do i stop this email from sending them to me?????
>>
> Chester;
>
> Unsubscribing is a two step process. When you send to the unsubscribe
> link at the bottom of the page the list management software will send a
> confirmation e-mail that must be replied to complete the unsubscribe
> process. If you did not receive the confirmation e-mail check your spam
> folder to see if your email client sent it there instead of the inbox.
> This is the most common reason that unsubscribe appears not to work.
>
> Regards
> Keith

Re: This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

Wade Smart-2
You email is: [hidden email]
I dont know how .invalid gets on the end but, it might have
something to do with why you cant unsub.
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Chester Campbell
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I am using a MACOS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.4 AND YAHOO MAIL.
> I have clicked on the "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the emails. It then ask to confirm the "sunsub" which I do and send it.I immediately get a email saying that the address is no good and I continue getting all these emails about open office.
>     On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 3:30:39 PM PDT, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hi Chester,
>
> We are sorry that you are experiencing these troubles.
>
> The Apache mailing list system can be a little confusing. When you reply are you using the same email address that you subscribed to the list? If not then you will be rejected.
>
> Please share the email you are replying to when you attempt to unsubscribe.
>
> In addition if you would tell us your operating system and mail software that might help in understanding what is broken.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 30, 2018, at 3:10 PM, Chester Campbell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is this a game you guys play????
>> I sent the replay back twice and both times it was returned as NOT A GOOD EMAIL.
>> The attachment you sent can not be opened. There is no application that will open it.
>> Fancy that!!!!!
>>    On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 2:03:19 PM PDT, Keith N. McKenna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 5/30/2018 4:27 PM, Chester Campbell wrote:
>>> been receiving about help for open office. I am replying to this address. The unsubscribe link at the bottom does not work. How do i stop this email from sending them to me?????
>>>
>> Chester;
>>
>> Unsubscribing is a two step process. When you send to the unsubscribe
>> link at the bottom of the page the list management software will send a
>> confirmation e-mail that must be replied to complete the unsubscribe
>> process. If you did not receive the confirmation e-mail check your spam
>> folder to see if your email client sent it there instead of the inbox.
>> This is the most common reason that unsubscribe appears not to work.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith

Re: This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

Brian Barker-2
At 22:10 30/05/2018 +0000, Chester Campbell wrote:
>Is this a game you guys play????

You may not get the best help by being dismissive.

>I sent the reply back twice and both times it was returned as NOT A
>GOOD EMAIL.

The confirmation address contains an equals sign. I think some mail
clients will not accept this as valid. So it may be that *your own*
mail system is refusing to send the necessary confirmation message.

>The attachment you sent can not be opened.

Well, it can, of course.

>There is no application that will open it.

You can open it - if you wish - using any text editor. But it is only
the sender's Pretty Good Privacy signature and you don't need to
concern yourself with it.

>Fancy that!!!!!

Again, being dismissive won't enamour yourself to anyone.

see there, if you are having difficulty, you can contact a real
person for help at [hidden email] . Explain your
problem fully and carefully. (Advice: 1. Don't be dismissive. 2. Be patient.)

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

At 18:23 30/05/2018 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
>Your email is: [hidden email]

No, his e-mail address is that without the trailing ".INVALID".

>I don't know how .invalid gets on the end but, it might have
>something to do with why you can't unsub.

This is unlikely, as it will not be present in the headers of the
messages the user sends.

This is the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and
Conformance system (DMARC) at work; see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMARC . It is designed to detect some
spam by identifying messages that do not originate from a genuine
server for the domain in the From: header. The user's mail provider,
yahoo.com, is one of those currently setting a "reject" policy for
DMAC, so receiving mail servers should reject any message claiming to
come from a yahoo.com address which has not originated from a genuine
Yahoo server.

This is a Good Thing, but creates problems for mailing lists.
Messages distributed by OpenOffice mailing lists retain the sender's
address in the From: header but originate from OpenOffice's own
servers, not from the original genuine server - in this case a Yahoo
server - so receiving systems will identify such messages as spam and
properly reject them. Most list subscribers, then, would not receive
messages to the list from enquirers using Yahoo and some other
domains. The workaround chosen by OpenOffice is to modify the From:
header to disguise the originating domain and fool the receiving
systems. If you wish to use the enquirer's address, you will need to
remove the ".INVALID" part of the address.

Eagle-eyed readers will notice that my address falls into this
category, as btinternet.com is Yahoo in disguise.

Brian Barker

Re: This is the email that appears on all these emails I have

Chester Campbell
 So what everyone is telling me is that I can not UNSUBSCRIBE from this email list!

At 19:31 01/06/2018 +0000, Chester Campbell wrote:
>So what everyone is telling me is that I can not UNSUBSCRIBE from
>this email list!

You have now been advised twice, by two separate people, how to proceed.

Brian Barker