Today's word is Idiot

Drew Jensen
  Hi,

Well, it seems that a very long time ago I created a problem - with my
email accounts and registrations with some ooo mailing lists.
Specifically with the authors list.

Just checked and it seems that for a while now I've been sending email
to that list under the wrong account - again.

Particularly emails in response to those from Dan regarding the Base
document...I really do feel like an idiot.

I'm assuming you read both lists..so my apology here.

Anyway - I'll fix this and resend the current ones again, to the authors
list.

Drew

Re: Today's word is Idiot

Jean Hollis Weber-3
On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Drew Jensen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Well, it seems that a very long time ago I created a problem - with my email
> accounts and registrations with some ooo mailing lists. Specifically with
> the authors list.
>
> Just checked and it seems that for a while now I've been sending email to
> that list under the wrong account - again.
>
> Particularly emails in response to those from Dan regarding the Base
> document...I really do feel like an idiot.
>
> I'm assuming you read both lists..so my apology here.
>
> Anyway - I'll fix this and resend the current ones again, to the authors
> list.

And do be sure it's the current authors list, not the old one.
[hidden email]

During my travels this month, Clayton has been monitoring the Authors
list. I guess he didn't catch your notes and pass them on, or perhaps
you've been sending to the old list @user-faq?

--Jean

Re: Today's word is Idiot

Drew Jensen
  On 08/28/2010 10:47 PM, Jean Weber wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Drew Jensen
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Well, it seems that a very long time ago I created a problem - with my email
>> accounts and registrations with some ooo mailing lists. Specifically with
>> the authors list.
>>
>> Just checked and it seems that for a while now I've been sending email to
>> that list under the wrong account - again.
>>
>> Particularly emails in response to those from Dan regarding the Base
>> document...I really do feel like an idiot.
>>
>> I'm assuming you read both lists..so my apology here.
>>
>> Anyway - I'll fix this and resend the current ones again, to the authors
>> list.
>>
> And do be sure it's the current authors list, not the old one.
> [hidden email]
>
> During my travels this month, Clayton has been monitoring the Authors
> list. I guess he didn't catch your notes and pass them on, or perhaps
> you've been sending to the old list @user-faq?
>
> --Jean

Can I ask another question - shouldn't the list server be bouncing my
emails back to me?

The user list does, but no other list I'm subscribed to at openoffice
does, so I just assume they go through and it seems here that was a
problem - no doubt of my making somehow.

Drew

Re: Today's word is Idiot

Jean Hollis Weber-3
On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Drew Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  On 08/28/2010 10:47 PM, Jean Weber wrote:

>>> accounts and registrations with some ooo mailing lists. Specifically with
>>> the authors list.
>>>
>>> Just checked and it seems that for a while now I've been sending email to
>>> that list under the wrong account - again.
>>>
>>> Particularly emails in response to those from Dan regarding the Base
>>> document...I really do feel like an idiot.
>>>
>>> I'm assuming you read both lists..so my apology here.
>>>
>>> Anyway - I'll fix this and resend the current ones again, to the authors
>>> list.
>>>
>> And do be sure it's the current authors list, not the old one.
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> During my travels this month, Clayton has been monitoring the Authors
>> list. I guess he didn't catch your notes and pass them on, or perhaps
>> you've been sending to the old list @user-faq?
>>
>> --Jean
>
> Can I ask another question - shouldn't the list server be bouncing my emails
> back to me?
>
> The user list does, but no other list I'm subscribed to at openoffice does,
> so I just assume they go through and it seems here that was a problem - no
> doubt of my making somehow.
>
> Drew

The Authors and Dev lists don't return messages to sender if they
don't go through, although the list moderator can chooses to return
them. I don't think it would be a good idea to return them
automatically, because it would interfere with the moderators' ability
to reply to expressions of interest from potential contributors, who
may not want to subscribe before finding out what they are getting
into.

--Jean

Re: Today's word is Idiot

Drew Jensen

>> Can I ask another question - shouldn't the list server be bouncing my emails
>> back to me?
>>
>> The user list does, but no other list I'm subscribed to at openoffice does,
>> so I just assume they go through and it seems here that was a problem - no
>> doubt of my making somehow.
>>
>> Drew
>>
> The Authors and Dev lists don't return messages to sender if they
> don't go through, although the list moderator can chooses to return
> them. I don't think it would be a good idea to return them
> automatically, because it would interfere with the moderators' ability
> to reply to expressions of interest from potential contributors, who
> may not want to subscribe before finding out what they are getting
> into.
>
> --Jean

I think that I wasn't clear - I don't mean a bounced message when It
fails to post to the list - I mean a normal message. For instance I just
sent a response to a question at user list and in a minute it will come
back to me, in my inbox, from the mail list. When I send to any other
list at ooo this doesn't happen.

Drew

Re: Today's word is Idiot

Drew Jensen

> I think that I wasn't clear - I don't mean a bounced message when It
> fails to post to the list - I mean a normal message. For instance I
> just sent a response to a question at user list and in a minute it
> will come back to me, in my inbox, from the mail list. When I send to
> any other list at ooo this doesn't happen.

and I just switched the authors list to an account on a different
server..it now sends back to me also..guess I should switch out the
other accounts also - problem solved.

Re: Today's word is Idiot

Jean Hollis Weber-3
On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Drew Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think that I wasn't clear - I don't mean a bounced message when It fails
> to post to the list - I mean a normal message. For instance I just sent a
> response to a question at user list and in a minute it will come back to me,
> in my inbox, from the mail list. When I send to any other list at ooo this
> doesn't happen.

It's a feature of Gmail to not do what you want. --Jean