Transfer of documents

CAROL L YORKIEVITZ
I currently use Word 7.  Can I easily convert them to Openoffice?
 Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Transfer of documents

Andrew Pitonyak

You should be able to read them directly, are you not able to?

Or, do you want to fully convert them to ODT files in some automated way?

On Monday, June 29, 2020 14:57 EDT, CAROL L YORKIEVITZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
 I currently use Word 7. Can I easily convert them to Openoffice?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Transfer of documents

CAROL L YORKIEVITZ
I haven’t downloaded Open office.  I’m trying to decide if I can just use Open office and transfer or download my Word 2007 documents easily or if I need a Word upgrade.
 Thanks
  Carol

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 29, 2020, at 4:40 PM, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> You should be able to read them directly, are you not able to?
>
> Or, do you want to fully convert them to ODT files in some automated way?
>
> On Monday, June 29, 2020 14:57 EDT, CAROL L YORKIEVITZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I currently use Word 7. Can I easily convert them to Openoffice?
> Thanks
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Transfer of documents

CAROL L YORKIEVITZ

I don’t know what ODT files are.
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 29, 2020, at 5:00 PM, CAROL L YORKIEVITZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I haven’t downloaded Open office.  I’m trying to decide if I can just use Open office and transfer or download my Word 2007 documents easily or if I need a Word upgrade.
> Thanks
>  Carol
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jun 29, 2020, at 4:40 PM, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> You should be able to read them directly, are you not able to?
>>
>> Or, do you want to fully convert them to ODT files in some automated way?
>>
>> On Monday, June 29, 2020 14:57 EDT, CAROL L YORKIEVITZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I currently use Word 7. Can I easily convert them to Openoffice?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Transfer of documents

Pedro Lino-3
Dear Carol Yorkievitz

> On 06/29/2020 10:00 PM CAROL L YORKIEVITZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I haven’t downloaded Open office.  I’m trying to decide if I can just use Open office and transfer or download my Word 2007 documents easily or if I need a Word upgrade.

OpenOffice will read your Office 2007 without a problem. In any case you can download it (it is 100% free and gratis) and test for yourself if the documents look exactly as you expected.
If not then you can buy a new version of Microsoft Office.

ODT is the Open Document format, an open standard that will solve future problems of having to buy software from the same provider. After opening your Office 2007 documents in OpenOffice, when you modify them you can choose to save again in Office 2007 format or in Open Document format. It is up to you!

In the future when you have questions please post them at the user forum (https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/)
This is the mailing list for the OpenOffice developers ;)

Kind regards,
Pedro

Re: Transfer of documents

Andrew Pitonyak

ODT is the format that OpenOffice and LibreOffice use by default.

Either will be able to directly read your Word documents. You do not need to convert them.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

On Monday, June 29, 2020 17:01 EDT, CAROL L YORKIEVITZ <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don’t know what ODT files are.
Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 29, 2020, at 5:00 PM, CAROL L YORKIEVITZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I haven’t downloaded Open office. I’m trying to decide if I can just use Open office and transfer or download my Word 2007 documents easily or if I need a Word upgrade.
> Thanks
> Carol
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jun 29, 2020, at 4:40 PM, Andrew Pitonyak <[hidden email]> wrote:>>
>>
>> You should be able to read them directly, are you not able to?
>>
>> Or, do you want to fully convert them to ODT files in some automated way?
>>
>> On Monday, June 29, 2020 14:57 EDT, CAROL L YORKIEVITZ <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I currently use Word 7. Can I easily convert them to Openoffice?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Transfer of documents

Peter Kovacs-3