Transfer private data from old installation after update

Transfer private data from old installation after update

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello all,

I had a Discussion on IRC with someone who was upset that we transfer
private data.

It turned out he did not read closely before heating up. So we have a
message that says something like transfer private data to the new
version or similar.

He suggested to use Import instead.

I hope this helps. Can someone have a look? I do believe since sometimes
people pop up with private data send that this fella is not the only one
who just reads quickly.

All the best

Peter

Re: Transfer private data from old installation after update

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Am 24.05.20 um 10:59 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> Hello all,
>

> I had a Discussion on IRC with someone who was upset that we transfer
> private data.
>
> It turned out he did not read closely before heating up. So we have a
> message that says something like transfer private data to the new
> version or similar.
>
> He suggested to use Import instead.
>

> I hope this helps. Can someone have a look? I do believe since
> sometimes people pop up with private data send that this fella is not
> the only one who just reads quickly.
I think this is in the migration assistant that comes into place when
you upgrade from certain older installations of AOO.

It also says "registration" which we don't do anymore. Re-wording should
be easy, now that we have a working translation process for 4.2.0! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Transfer private data from old installation after update

Matthias Seidel
Just FYI:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice/blob/trunk/main/desktop/source/migration/wizard.src

Regards,