Translating OpenOffice website to Finnish

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Translating OpenOffice website to Finnish

Eeva Lamminen | Designer
Hi,

Can you please advice how can I participate in translating the Open
Office website to Finnish?

Thanks already before hand!
Eeva

Eeva Lamminen
Graafinen suunnittelija & web-suunnittelija
Graphic designer | UI/UX designer | Illustrator

[hidden email] | www.eevalamminen.fi <http://www.eevalamminen.fi>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Translating OpenOffice website to Finnish

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

that's funny to be asked to advise on how to participate in translating the
Open
Office because I'am newbie to Pootle. I have started just one week ago.

But I'll do my best to help you go through "initiation" stage.

Go to
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Registration_and_Login


*Read carefully section "Registration"*.  Yo will find there template of
e-mail:

To: [hidden email]
 Subject: New Pootle Account
 Body:
 Hello my name is ...<your name>... and I'm from ...<your location>...
 Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
under
 the Apache 2 license and I will work on ...<your language>...
 My preferred username is  ...<preferred username>...

 Once you subscribe you shall be granted an account (I have waited for mine
only 3 days).

Since I was helped by someone from OpenOffice community, I am glad to
reciprocate it.
So please don't hesitate if you have any questions in the process.

Good luck and regards,

Czesław Wolański


Le ven. 21 févr. 2020 à 12:51, Eeva Lamminen | Designer <
[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Can you please advice how can I participate in translating the Open
> Office website to Finnish?
>
> Thanks already before hand!
> Eeva
>
> Eeva Lamminen
> Graafinen suunnittelija & web-suunnittelija
> Graphic designer | UI/UX designer | Illustrator
>
> [hidden email] | www.eevalamminen.fi <http://www.eevalamminen.fi>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Translating OpenOffice website to Finnish

Taavi Kaevats
In reply to this post by Eeva Lamminen | Designer
Hi,

I asked the same question about Estonian webpage about a year ago.
Back then it was a ping-pong when set of strings were exchanged via
e-mail. I believe Matthias was working on that with me.

As a result the opening view of the webpage got translated into
Estonian, but the language were never inserted to the selection
dropdown menu (upper right corner of the page)
https://www.openoffice.org/et/

Finnish webpage seems to be fully in English, but Suomi (fi) does
exist in the dropdown
https://www.openoffice.org/fi/

I am not sure what's up on that front today, sorry.

Taavi

2020-02-21 13:50 GMT +02:00, Eeva Lamminen | Designer <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Can you please advice how can I participate in translating the Open
> Office website to Finnish?
>
> Thanks already before hand!
> Eeva
>
> Eeva Lamminen
> Graafinen suunnittelija & web-suunnittelija
> Graphic designer | UI/UX designer | Illustrator
>
> [hidden email] | www.eevalamminen.fi <http://www.eevalamminen.fi>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Translating OpenOffice website to Finnish

Matthias Seidel
In reply to this post by Eeva Lamminen | Designer
Hi Eeva,

Thank you for your interest!

Am 21.02.20 um 12:50 schrieb Eeva Lamminen | Designer:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please advice how can I participate in translating the Open
> Office website to Finnish?

That is still a manual process...

I can provide you with English strings, you translate and I put them on
the website.
Would that be OK for you?

Regards,

   Matthias

>
> Thanks already before hand!
> Eeva
>
> Eeva Lamminen
> Graafinen suunnittelija & web-suunnittelija
> Graphic designer | UI/UX designer | Illustrator
>
> [hidden email] | www.eevalamminen.fi <http://www.eevalamminen.fi>
>


smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Translating OpenOffice website to Finnish

Matthias Seidel
In reply to this post by Taavi Kaevats
Hi Taavi,

Am 21.02.20 um 19:59 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:

> Hi,
>
> I asked the same question about Estonian webpage about a year ago.
> Back then it was a ping-pong when set of strings were exchanged via
> e-mail. I believe Matthias was working on that with me.
>
> As a result the opening view of the webpage got translated into
> Estonian, but the language were never inserted to the selection
> dropdown menu (upper right corner of the page)
> https://www.openoffice.org/et/
Until now the dropdown menu only lists languages we have an official AOO
release for.
But hopefully we can add Estonian with AOO 4.2.0.

All I can offer is a "soft" redirect. If you are interested drop me a line.

>
> Finnish webpage seems to be fully in English, but Suomi (fi) does
> exist in the dropdown
> https://www.openoffice.org/fi/

See above, AOO is released in Finnish.

Regards,

   Matthias

>
> I am not sure what's up on that front today, sorry.
>
> Taavi
>
> 2020-02-21 13:50 GMT +02:00, Eeva Lamminen | Designer <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you please advice how can I participate in translating the Open
>> Office website to Finnish?
>>
>> Thanks already before hand!
>> Eeva
>>
>> Eeva Lamminen
>> Graafinen suunnittelija & web-suunnittelija
>> Graphic designer | UI/UX designer | Illustrator
>>
>> [hidden email] | www.eevalamminen.fi <http://www.eevalamminen.fi>
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment