Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

12

Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

We are planning to do a second Developer Build for AOO 4.2.0.

It would be great if translations could be improved until this weekend.
There are some languages with under 100 words to translate/review... ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Aivaras Stepukonis
Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll update the LT translation before the
weekend hits.

Keep up your good work!

Regards,

Aivaras

2020-04-29 22:00, Matthias Seidel rašė:

> Hi all,
>
> We are planning to do a second Developer Build for AOO 4.2.0.
>
> It would be great if translations could be improved until this weekend.
> There are some languages with under 100 words to translate/review... ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Hi Aivaras,

Am 29.04.20 um 21:06 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Thanks for the heads-up. I'll update the LT translation before the
> weekend hits.
Only some minor changes. LT has 65 words to review... ;-)

> Keep up your good work!

Thank you! (Also on behalf of Mechtilde)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
>
> Aivaras
>
> 2020-04-29 22:00, Matthias Seidel rašė:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are planning to do a second Developer Build for AOO 4.2.0.
>>
>> It would be great if translations could be improved until this weekend.
>> There are some languages with under 100 words to translate/review... ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>     Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Armenian at 100%

Thank you, Tigran! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Hi all,
>
> We are planning to do a second Developer Build for AOO 4.2.0.
>
> It would be great if translations could be improved until this weekend.
> There are some languages with under 100 words to translate/review... ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Aivaras Stepukonis
LT UI back to 100%.

I need to get a feel for just how much time we have left before 4.2.0.
gets finalized. Does anyone know?

The reason I'm asking is I'm likely to use this upgrade as an
opportunity to switch to new LT spellcheck and hyphenation dictionaries
which have been in the works by a third party for some time now.

To achieve this, the LT version would have to be un-bundled from the
current dictionaries
<https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries>
and re-bundled with the new ones which I would publish as a separate
extension.

I need some time to collect the dictionaries from the third party and a
helping hand from the community in re-bundling them. Years ago, I think,
it was Andrea assisting me in accomplishing this.

Regards,

Aivaras

Am 30.04.20 um 13:52 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
> LT UI back to 100%.
Thanks!

> I need to get a feel for just how much time we have left before 4.2.0.
> gets finalized. Does anyone know?
No ETA at the moment. There are still some blockers to be solved...

> The reason I'm asking is I'm likely to use this upgrade as an
> opportunity to switch to new LT spellcheck and hyphenation
> dictionaries which have been in the works by a third party for some
> time now.
>
> To achieve this, the LT version would have to be un-bundled from the
> current dictionaries
> <https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries>
> and re-bundled with the new ones which I would publish as a separate
> extension.
Would that make the dictionaries incompatible with 4.1.x? If not, we
could make the switch already with 4.1.8.

> I need some time to collect the dictionaries from the third party and
> a helping hand from the community in re-bundling them. Years ago, I
> think, it was Andrea assisting me in accomplishing this.

Yes, Andrea has expertise. And I am willing to help and learn! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
>
> Aivaras
>
> 2020-04-30 13:03, Matthias Seidel rašė:
>> Hi Aivaras,
>>
>> Am 29.04.20 um 21:06 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
>>> Hi Matthias,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the heads-up. I'll update the LT translation before the
>>> weekend hits.
>> Only some minor changes. LT has 65 words to review... ;-)
>>> Keep up your good work!
>> Thank you! (Also on behalf of Mechtilde)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>     Matthias
>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Aivaras

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Aivaras Stepukonis
> Would that make the dictionaries incompatible with 4.1.x? If not, we
> could make the switch already with 4.1.8.
I would assume the changes are happening in the contents of the
dictionaries, not in how they are being packaged as an extension. But
the only way to know is to test the new extension once I lay my hands on
it. I'll update you when this happens.

Regards,

Aivaras

2020-04-30 15:11, Matthias Seidel rašė:

> Hi Aivaras,
>
> Am 30.04.20 um 13:52 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
>> LT UI back to 100%.
> Thanks!
>> I need to get a feel for just how much time we have left before 4.2.0.
>> gets finalized. Does anyone know?
> No ETA at the moment. There are still some blockers to be solved...
>> The reason I'm asking is I'm likely to use this upgrade as an
>> opportunity to switch to new LT spellcheck and hyphenation
>> dictionaries which have been in the works by a third party for some
>> time now.
>>
>> To achieve this, the LT version would have to be un-bundled from the
>> current dictionaries
>> <https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries>
>> and re-bundled with the new ones which I would publish as a separate
>> extension.
> Would that make the dictionaries incompatible with 4.1.x? If not, we
> could make the switch already with 4.1.8.
>> I need some time to collect the dictionaries from the third party and
>> a helping hand from the community in re-bundling them. Years ago, I
>> think, it was Andrea assisting me in accomplishing this.
> Yes, Andrea has expertise. And I am willing to help and learn! ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Aivaras
>>
>> 2020-04-30 13:03, Matthias Seidel rašė:
>>> Hi Aivaras,

>>> Only some minor changes. LT has 65 words to review... ;-)
>>> Thank you! (Also on behalf of Mechtilde)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>      Matthias

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Portuguese also at 100%

Thanks Pedro and Pedro! ;-)

We are planning to take the nightly backup for the export, so it is
still time until midnight (CET).

Regards,

   Matthias

> Hi all,
>
> We are planning to do a second Developer Build for AOO 4.2.0.
>
> It would be great if translations could be improved until this weekend.
> There are some languages with under 100 words to translate/review... ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Estonian is also at 100% and the latest export will now be included in
our Dev2 build due to some unexpected delay...

We had real trouble with French (Help), if you see XML errors in Pootle,
please *fix* them and don't just mute them! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Portuguese also at 100%
>
> Thanks Pedro and Pedro! ;-)
>
> We are planning to take the nightly backup for the export, so it is
> still time until midnight (CET).
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are planning to do a second Developer Build for AOO 4.2.0.
>>
>> It would be great if translations could be improved until this weekend.
>> There are some languages with under 100 words to translate/review... ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Matthias

I'm fixing the French (it is one of the languages I can read/write/speak)

There is a problem in one original string
https://translate.apache.org/contact/report/?report=12831956

Can you fix the original?

Regards,
Pedro

> On May 6, 2020 8:23 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Estonian is also at 100% and the latest export will now be included in
> our Dev2 build due to some unexpected delay...
>
> We had real trouble with French (Help), if you see XML errors in Pootle,
> please *fix* them and don't just mute them! ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

> > Portuguese also at 100%
> >
> > Thanks Pedro and Pedro! ;-)
> >
> > We are planning to take the nightly backup for the export, so it is
> > still time until midnight (CET).
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >    Matthias
> >
> > Am 29.04.20 um 21:00 schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> We are planning to do a second Developer Build for AOO 4.2.0.
> >>
> >> It would be great if translations could be improved until this weekend.
> >> There are some languages with under 100 words to translate/review... ;-)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >>    Matthias

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

Am 07.05.20 um 00:40 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias
>
> I'm fixing the French (it is one of the languages I can read/write/speak)
Thanks, we fixed the blocking issues in French already, but there is
always something to improve... ;-)

> There is a problem in one original string
> https://translate.apache.org/contact/report/?report=12831956

> Can you fix the original?

I will have a look at it!

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Pedro
>

>> On May 6, 2020 8:23 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Estonian is also at 100% and the latest export will now be included in
>> our Dev2 build due to some unexpected delay...
>>
>> We had real trouble with French (Help), if you see XML errors in Pootle,
>> please *fix* them and don't just mute them! ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

>>> Portuguese also at 100%
>>>
>>> Thanks Pedro and Pedro! ;-)
>>>
>>> We are planning to take the nightly backup for the export, so it is
>>> still time until midnight (CET).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Hi Pedro,

> Hi Pedro,
>
> Am 07.05.20 um 00:40 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>> Hi Matthias
>>
>> I'm fixing the French (it is one of the languages I can read/write/speak)
> Thanks, we fixed the blocking issues in French already, but there is
> always something to improve... ;-)
>> There is a problem in one original string
>> https://translate.apache.org/contact/report/?report=12831956

>> Can you fix the original?
Fixed now! Thank you for finding this.

https://github.com/apache/openoffice/commit/5ba28a4eed77897ab48641587000c3477628f11a

Of course this will not become visible in Pootle before the next import
of a new language template.

Regards,

   Matthias

> I will have a look at it!
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
>> Regards,
>> Pedro
>>

>>> On May 6, 2020 8:23 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Estonian is also at 100% and the latest export will now be included in
>>> our Dev2 build due to some unexpected delay...
>>>
>>> We had real trouble with French (Help), if you see XML errors in Pootle,
>>> please *fix* them and don't just mute them! ;-)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Critical Error XML Tags

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Matthias, all

There is a problem in the AOO Pootle.
It does not allow to Mute Quality Check for XML tags

Example from the French translation
https://translate.apache.org/fr/aoo40help/translate/helpcontent2/source/text/swriter/00.po#unit=12831732

Although this string has 4 XML tags (while the original has 2), the translator chose to separate part of the text to make it clearer and to add the same tag elsewhere in the text.
This translation is absolutely correct and in fact it is clearer than the original text.
Why is it not possible to turn off the Critical error warning?

Regards,
Pedro

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Aivaras Stepukonis
Hi Matthias,

1. Tested the new LT dictionaries on AOO 4.1.7. All seems OK.

2. Pre-published the new extension as "Lithuanian Spellcheck and
Hyphenation Dictionaries (current)" at
<https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries-current>
and shot an e-mail request to the administrator to publish the
extension, also to replace the legacy version with the current one in
AOO LT.

Can you or Andrea help me ensure the extension gets bundled with AOO LT?

Regards,

Aivaras

Am 12.05.20 um 16:39 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> 1. Tested the new LT dictionaries on AOO 4.1.7. All seems OK.
>
> 2. Pre-published the new extension as "Lithuanian Spellcheck and
> Hyphenation Dictionaries (current)" at
> <https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries-current>
> and shot an e-mail request to the administrator to publish the
> extension, also to replace the legacy version with the current one in
> AOO LT.
I have already seen it.
Unfortunately Andrea is not available at the moment but I am trying to
get that page published as soon as possible!

> Can you or Andrea help me ensure the extension gets bundled with AOO LT?

I am already in the process to bundle the new LT dictionary (all branches).
My next Test Build that will have it included will probably be AOO418.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
>
> Aivaras
>
> 2020-04-30 15:21, Aivaras Stepukonis rašė:
>>> Would that make the dictionaries incompatible with 4.1.x? If not, we
>>> could make the switch already with 4.1.8.
>> I would assume the changes are happening in the contents of the
>> dictionaries, not in how they are being packaged as an extension. But
>> the only way to know is to test the new extension once I lay my hands
>> on it. I'll update you when this happens.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Aivaras
>>
>> 2020-04-30 15:11, Matthias Seidel rašė:
>>> Hi Aivaras,

>>> Thanks!
>>> No ETA at the moment. There are still some blockers to be solved...

>>> Would that make the dictionaries incompatible with 4.1.x? If not, we
>>> could make the switch already with 4.1.8.
>>> Yes, Andrea has expertise. And I am willing to help and learn! ;-)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>     Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Aivaras Stepukonis
Many thanks, Matthias!

Regards,

Aivaras

2020-05-12 17:49, Matthias Seidel rašė:

> Hi Aivaras,
>
> Am 12.05.20 um 16:39 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> 1. Tested the new LT dictionaries on AOO 4.1.7. All seems OK.
>>
>> 2. Pre-published the new extension as "Lithuanian Spellcheck and
>> Hyphenation Dictionaries (current)" at
>> <https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries-current>
>> and shot an e-mail request to the administrator to publish the
>> extension, also to replace the legacy version with the current one in
>> AOO LT.
> I have already seen it.
> Unfortunately Andrea is not available at the moment but I am trying to
> get that page published as soon as possible!
>
>> Can you or Andrea help me ensure the extension gets bundled with AOO LT?
> I am already in the process to bundle the new LT dictionary (all branches).
> My next Test Build that will have it included will probably be AOO418.
>
> Regards,
>
>     Matthias
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Aivaras

>>> I would assume the changes are happening in the contents of the
>>> dictionaries, not in how they are being packaged as an extension. But
>>> the only way to know is to test the new extension once I lay my hands
>>> on it. I'll update you when this happens.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Aivaras

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Hi Aivaras,

I have now published the LT dictionary:

https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries-current

Thinking about it, someone updating an older version of AOO to the (not
yet released) 4.1.8 might end up with two dictionaries installed? If so,
we should mention that in the Release notes.

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 12.05.20 um 16:51 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:

> Many thanks, Matthias!
>
> Regards,
>
> Aivaras
>
> 2020-05-12 17:49, Matthias Seidel rašė:
>> Hi Aivaras,
>>
>> Am 12.05.20 um 16:39 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
>>> Hi Matthias,
>>>
>>> 1. Tested the new LT dictionaries on AOO 4.1.7. All seems OK.
>>>
>>> 2. Pre-published the new extension as "Lithuanian Spellcheck and
>>> Hyphenation Dictionaries (current)" at
>>> <https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries-current>
>>>
>>> and shot an e-mail request to the administrator to publish the
>>> extension, also to replace the legacy version with the current one in
>>> AOO LT.
>> I have already seen it.
>> Unfortunately Andrea is not available at the moment but I am trying to
>> get that page published as soon as possible!
>>
>>> Can you or Andrea help me ensure the extension gets bundled with AOO
>>> LT?
>> I am already in the process to bundle the new LT dictionary (all
>> branches).
>> My next Test Build that will have it included will probably be AOO418.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>     Matthias
>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Aivaras

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Aivaras Stepukonis
Hi Matthias,

Thanks for publishing the LT dictionaries! I can run a test to see what
happens when  a 4.1.7 installation with the legacy dictionaries is
updated to a 4.1.8 built with the new dictionaries. Is the current built
of AOO LT 4.1.8 already bundled with the new dictionaries? If so, where
can I access it?

Regards,

Aivaras

Am 15.05.20 um 14:10 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Thanks for publishing the LT dictionaries! I can run a test to see
> what happens when  a 4.1.7 installation with the legacy dictionaries
> is updated to a 4.1.8 built with the new dictionaries. Is the current
> built of AOO LT 4.1.8 already bundled with the new dictionaries? If
> so, where can I access it?

Not yet, I will probably start a test build this evening.

It will then be available here tomorrow:

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-418-Test/Full%20Installation/

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
>
> Aivaras
>
> 2020-05-15 13:34, Matthias Seidel rašė:
>> Hi Aivaras,
>>
>> I have now published the LT dictionary:
>>
>> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/lithuanian-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries-current
>>

>> Thinking about it, someone updating an older version of AOO to the (not
>> yet released) 4.1.8 might end up with two dictionaries installed? If so,
>> we should mention that in the Release notes.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>     Matthias
>>
>> Am 12.05.20 um 16:51 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
>>> Many thanks, Matthias!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Aivaras

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Translations for AOO 4.2.0-Dev2

Matthias Seidel
Hi Aivaras,

Am 15.05.20 um 14:10 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Thanks for publishing the LT dictionaries! I can run a test to see
> what happens when  a 4.1.7 installation with the legacy dictionaries
> is updated to a 4.1.8 built with the new dictionaries. Is the current
> built of AOO LT 4.1.8 already bundled with the new dictionaries? If
> so, where can I access it?

Test builds are now online: