Trouble printing

MARIE RETKA
Hi

I have been using Open Office for a few years, and all of a sudden today, when I try to print, all I get is a blank page. It goes through the printer and acts like it is printing, but it has nothing on the page.  I went to the Open Office Discussion forum and tried the fixes they said, but nothing works.  Is there something going on with this program?

Thanks.

Marie Retka

Re: Trouble printing

John van Barneveld
It sounds obvious but are the inkjets on your printer blocked by dry
ink?

>I have been using Open Office for a few years, and all of a sudden
>today, when I try to print, all I get is a blank page. It goes through
>the printer and acts like it is printing, but it has nothing on the
>page.  I went to the Open Office Discussion forum and tried the fixes
>they said, but nothing works.  Is there something going on with this
>program?
>
>Thanks.
>

>Marie Retka

---

Re: Trouble printing

Martin Groenescheij

On 27/03/18 8:42 AM, MARIE RETKA wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been using Open Office for a few years, and all of a sudden today, when I try to print, all I get is a blank page. It goes through the printer and acts like it is printing, but it has nothing on the page.

First of all, you should tell us Your Operating System and version and
the OpenOffice version you use.
Secondly it's nice to know which program you have the problem with e.g.
Calc, Writer etc.
Then what do you see when you use Page Preview.
This all helps us to help you.

>    I went to the Open Office Discussion forum and tried the fixes they said, but nothing works.  Is there something going on with this program?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Marie Retka

Re: Trouble printing

MARIE RETKA
I think I got it fixed.  I ended up cleaning my whole printer, including taking out the print heads and scrubbing them.  It seemed to work. THANKS!!

________________________________
> I have been using Open Office for a few years, and all of a sudden today, when I try to print, all I get is a blank page. It goes through the printer and acts like it is printing, but it has nothing on the page.

First of all, you should tell us Your Operating System and version and
the OpenOffice version you use.
Secondly it's nice to know which program you have the problem with e.g.
Calc, Writer etc.
Then what do you see when you use Page Preview.
This all helps us to help you.

>    I went to the Open Office Discussion forum and tried the fixes they said, but nothing works.  Is there something going on with this program?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Marie Retka

Re: Trouble printing

Vince@Gmail

Glad that you managed to clean things up.  I occasionally allow my
HP8600 to run a 'clean-the-print head' routine.

If I am not mistaken, the recommendation for inkjet printers is to Not
have it energized until ready to put it into operation; to avoid inkjets
becoming clogged ?

VinceB.