Typo in French version

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

Just two issues. Of importance is only point 1., point 2. may be considered
when the time is ripe, for example the Last Judgment.

1. Help > About OpenOffice

In French version: Aide > À propos de OpenOffice

There is a tiny typo in dialog's title. It reads "A propos de OpenOffice".
Replace "A" therein with "À" just as it is in Aide menu item: "À propos de
OpenOffice"

Due screenshots are in file "Apropos.jpg" available at the following link:

https://pasteboard.co/J0Teh5u.jpg

Strings at Pootle (if I am not wrong):

- Dialog's title

https://translate.apache.org/fr/translate/#search=A%20propos&sfields=source,target&unit=12768475&offset=0

- Help menu item

https://translate.apache.org/fr/translate/#search=A%20propos&sfields=source,target&unit=12787417&offset=0

2. Help > About OpenOffice > License

Due screenshots for point 2.1 and 2.2 are in file "License.jpg" available
at the following link:

https://pasteboard.co/J0TeQMB.jpg

2.1. Readme tab

"Only shortcut keys (key combinations) not used by the operating system can
be used in OpenOffice."

That's OK, but on http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/readme.html you read:

"Only shortcut keys (key combinations) not used your installed operating
system can be used in OpenOffice."

That sentence needs correction -  and the irony is that Readme tab entry
says: For latest updates to this readme file, see

http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/readme.html".

2.2. Notice tab

"- Apache Commons - used by MediaWiki Publisher extension
- Apache Jakarta HttpClient - used by MediaWiki Publisher extension
- Apache Tomcat - used by MediaWiki Piblisher extension"

It seems that in the third line "Piblisher" shall be replaced with
"Publisher".

with regard

Czesław Wolański

Re: Typo in French version

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Am 26.03.20 um 15:26 schrieb Czesław Wolański:

> Hi,
>
> Just two issues. Of importance is only point 1., point 2. may be considered
> when the time is ripe, for example the Last Judgment.
>

> 1. Help > About OpenOffice
>
> In French version: Aide > À propos de OpenOffice
>
> There is a tiny typo in dialog's title. It reads "A propos de OpenOffice".
> Replace "A" therein with "À" just as it is in Aide menu item: "À propos de
> OpenOffice"
>
> Due screenshots are in file "Apropos.jpg" available at the following link:
>
> https://pasteboard.co/J0Teh5u.jpg
>
> Strings at Pootle (if I am not wrong):
>
> - Dialog's title
>
> https://translate.apache.org/fr/translate/#search=A%20propos&sfields=source,target&unit=12768475&offset=0
>
> - Help menu item
>
> https://translate.apache.org/fr/translate/#search=A%20propos&sfields=source,target&unit=12787417&offset=0
Fixed now.

Short question: Do you have not enough rights on Pootle to do that
yourself? No Pun intended, I can give you more... ;-)

> 2. Help > About OpenOffice > License
>
> Due screenshots for point 2.1 and 2.2 are in file "License.jpg" available
> at the following link:
>
> https://pasteboard.co/J0TeQMB.jpg
>
> 2.1. Readme tab
>
> "Only shortcut keys (key combinations) not used by the operating system can
> be used in OpenOffice."
>
> That's OK, but on http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/readme.html you read:
>
> "Only shortcut keys (key combinations) not used your installed operating
> system can be used in OpenOffice."
>
> That sentence needs correction -  and the irony is that Readme tab entry
> says: For latest updates to this readme file, see
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/readme.html".
>

> 2.2. Notice tab
>
> "- Apache Commons - used by MediaWiki Publisher extension
> - Apache Jakarta HttpClient - used by MediaWiki Publisher extension
> - Apache Tomcat - used by MediaWiki Piblisher extension"
>
> It seems that in the third line "Piblisher" shall be replaced with
> "Publisher".
Good find, but already fixed in trunk and 42X.

Regards

   Matthias

> with regard
>
> Czesław Wolański

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Typo in French version

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

Short question: Do you have not enough rights on Pootle to do that
yourself? No Pun intended, I can give you more... ;-)

Even longer answer:

You meant "No Pun intended" as an abbrevation for "No Pun-ishment intended"?

I have just checked. Seems that I have right to change entry or comment on
it (if I am wrong,
please grant me due privilege).  I'll do my best  but remember  that  my
main  do-main is Polish translation (any and all puns intended).

Regards,

Czesław

Le jeu. 26 mars 2020 à 19:03, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Am 26.03.20 um 15:26 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just two issues. Of importance is only point 1., point 2. may be
> considered
> > when the time is ripe, for example the Last Judgment.
> >

> > 1. Help > About OpenOffice
> >
> > In French version: Aide > À propos de OpenOffice
> >
> > There is a tiny typo in dialog's title. It reads "A propos de
> OpenOffice".
> > Replace "A" therein with "À" just as it is in Aide menu item: "À propos
> de
> > OpenOffice"
> >
> > Due screenshots are in file "Apropos.jpg" available at the following
> link:
> >
> > https://pasteboard.co/J0Teh5u.jpg
> >
> > Strings at Pootle (if I am not wrong):
> >
> > - Dialog's title
> >

> https://translate.apache.org/fr/translate/#search=A%20propos&sfields=source,target&unit=12768475&offset=0
> >
> > - Help menu item
> >

> https://translate.apache.org/fr/translate/#search=A%20propos&sfields=source,target&unit=12787417&offset=0
>
> Fixed now.
>
> Short question: Do you have not enough rights on Pootle to do that
> yourself? No Pun intended, I can give you more... ;-)

> > 2. Help > About OpenOffice > License
> >
> > Due screenshots for point 2.1 and 2.2 are in file "License.jpg" available
> > at the following link:
> >
> > https://pasteboard.co/J0TeQMB.jpg
> >
> > 2.1. Readme tab
> >
> > "Only shortcut keys (key combinations) not used by the operating system
> can
> > be used in OpenOffice."
> >
> > That's OK, but on http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/readme.html you
> read:
> >
> > "Only shortcut keys (key combinations) not used your installed operating
> > system can be used in OpenOffice."
> >
> > That sentence needs correction -  and the irony is that Readme tab entry
> > says: For latest updates to this readme file, see
> >
> > http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/readme.html".
> >

> > 2.2. Notice tab
> >
> > "- Apache Commons - used by MediaWiki Publisher extension
> > - Apache Jakarta HttpClient - used by MediaWiki Publisher extension
> > - Apache Tomcat - used by MediaWiki Piblisher extension"
> >
> > It seems that in the third line "Piblisher" shall be replaced with
> > "Publisher".
>
> Good find, but already fixed in trunk and 42X.
>
> Regards
>
>    Matthias
>

> > with regard
> >
> > Czesław Wolański

Re: Typo in French version

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Am 26.03.20 um 19:33 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> Hi,
>
> Short question: Do you have not enough rights on Pootle to do that
> yourself? No Pun intended, I can give you more... ;-)
>
> Even longer answer:
>
> You meant "No Pun intended" as an abbrevation for "No Pun-ishment intended"?
No, I am only trying to understand the user management in Pootle. ;-)

> I have just checked. Seems that I have right to change entry or comment on
> it (if I am wrong,
> please grant me due privilege).  I'll do my best  but remember  that  my
> main  do-main is Polish translation (any and all puns intended).

I gave you rights on the French UI now, can you also test help?

Regards,

   Matthias

> [...]
>>> says: For latest updates to this readme file, see
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/readme.html".
>>>

>>> 2.2. Notice tab
>>>
>>> "- Apache Commons - used by MediaWiki Publisher extension
>>> - Apache Jakarta HttpClient - used by MediaWiki Publisher extension
>>> - Apache Tomcat - used by MediaWiki Piblisher extension"
>>>
>>> It seems that in the third line "Piblisher" shall be replaced with
>>> "Publisher".
>> Good find, but already fixed in trunk and 42X.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>>    Matthias
>>

>>> with regard
>>>
>>> Czesław Wolański

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Typo in French version

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

I gave you rights on the French UI now, can you also test help?

Yes, I can edit help entry and/or comment on it. *Merci, Monsieur!*

No, I am only trying to understand the user management in Pootle. ;-)

Just to recall our chat on February 25:

YOU: Pootle user management is something that I definitely need to
understand better! ;-)

ME: Tell me that!  "ME i.e. Czesław Wolański" User management is something
that I definitely need to understand better! ;-)

You are definitely making progress. Me... God knows

Regards,

Czesław