UK spelling

Simon
Can I use my native spelling that I realise is different from English USA?

Thank you, Simon

Simon P Walmsley

10418 E Oakbrook St

Tucson, AZ 85747-5968

[hidden email]

home #520.290.5014 cell #520.275.7564 FAX #520.722.7401

Re: UK spelling

Rob Clement-3
On 27/10/2010 19:39, Simon wrote:

> Can I use my native spelling that I realise is different from English USA?
>
> Thank you, Simon
>

> Simon P Walmsley
>
> 10418 E Oakbrook St
>
> Tucson, AZ 85747-5968
>
> [hidden email]
>
> home #520.290.5014 cell #520.275.7564 FAX #520.722.7401

Simon Try changing the language on the text to English (UK) and see if
that sorts out all the problems. Select all the words in a file and
clock where it shows English (USA) and it should show you the
alternative English (UK)

Thanks

Rob

[somewhat OT]Re: [discuss] UK spelling

Bob Holtzman-2
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:39:26AM -0700, Simon wrote:
> Can I use my native spelling that I realise is different from English USA?

Excuse me but do you realize the security implications of including your
personal information in a newsgroup post that is circulated worldwide?

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

Re: UK spelling

Michael Adams-2
On Thursday 28 October 2010 07:39, Simon wrote:
> Can I use my native spelling that I realise is different from English USA?
>
> Thank you, Simon
Yes.

First, you can download the UK version of OpenOffice,.org
http://download.openoffice.org/other.html

Second, you can set the default language "Tools - Options + Language
Settings - Languages".

Third, you can download and install additional dictionaries. Just open them,
as if they were documents, to install.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries
Warning - there is a recommended maximum of less than 10 to allow OO.o to work
at a good pace.

Fourth, you can set a language during a spell check on a document. This allows
for common French or Spanish words in English usage, or allows for a
multi-lingual country (Canada, USA, New Zealand).
"Tools - Spelling Check"

Lastly you can set language, on a per word/character basis.
 * Highlight
 * Format - Character", Font Tab

HTH

--