Unable to Insert a row or a column in Calc

Unable to Insert a row or a column in Calc

VinceB.
AOO 4.1.3, WIN10-64 bit desktop

I have one Calc file that is not allowing me to insert row/column.  When
highlighting (selecting) a row, and then clicking "Insert" on menu bar,
most items (row, column) are greyed out. Manual Break, Formatting Mark,
Function List, ... are available.

When selecting a row or a column, and then right-click, only "Copy" is
available. Other Calc files appear to be working normally for me. The
problematic file was initially "Read Only"; I have removed the RO
attribute, however.

Is this possibly related to a recent "profile" problem? Any suggestions;
I need to update this Calc file.

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Unable to Insert a row or a column in Calc

VinceB.
Problem solved.

I had to close the file, then reopen it.  Although Windows File Manager
showed the file w/o the Read Only attribute applied, the title bar
indicated "(Read Only)".

Sorry for wasting bandwidth; happy that I can now insert row/column again.

On 11/19/2017 2:31 PM, WA.TWORSX via AOL wrote:

> AOO 4.1.3, WIN10-64 bit desktop
>

> I have one Calc file that is not allowing me to insert row/column.
> When highlighting (selecting) a row, and then clicking "Insert" on
> menu bar, most items (row, column) are greyed out. Manual Break,
> Formatting Mark, Function List, ... are available.
>
> When selecting a row or a column, and then right-click, only "Copy" is
> available. Other Calc files appear to be working normally for me. The
> problematic file was initially "Read Only"; I have removed the RO
> attribute, however.
>
> Is this possibly related to a recent "profile" problem? Any
> suggestions; I need to update this Calc file.
>
> Regards,
>
> VinceB.

Re: Unable to Insert a row or a column in Calc

Maurice Howe-2
Hey, this is how we learn, and learn, and learn, and...
Many of us wake up confused, and sometimes stay that way for days.  [For
me, that's often "weeks".]​