Unable to open OpenOffice on Mac

Daniel Quintana
Hi,

I attempted to download OpenOffice version 4.1.3 onto my Mac with OS X
version 10.12.6 and it was successful but when I opened the application
this message came up:

“OpenOffice” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App
Store and identified developers.

I attempted to bypass the Gatekeeper function but the message still
appeared. Do you know if the 4.1.3 version of OpenOffice is compatible with
my OS X version?

I appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Daniel

--
Daniel Quintana
M.A. in Counseling Psychology
Sofia University (formerly Institute of Transpersonal Psychology)

Re: Unable to open OpenOffice on Mac

Alan Pearce

I don't know MAC but the answer lies in the message. Go to something like settings or tools and change your preferences to allow third party apps, Remember to change this back after the download.
Alan.
Sent from Samsung tablet

M.A. in Counseling Psychology
Sofia University (formerly Institute of Transpersonal Psychology)

Re: Unable to open OpenOffice on Mac

zahra a
hello.
i searched for you in google and found the solution.
system requirement for
OS X
• OS X 10.7 (Lion) or higher
• Intel Processor
• Free memory of 512 MB RAM
• 400 MB available disk space
• 1024 x 768 pixel or higher resolution with 16.7 million colors

Safely Install Non-Mac App Store Apps On Your Mac [OS X Tips]

Another advantage of the Mac App Store, besides pausing downloads,
safe uninstalls, and easy re-downloads of Mac OS X apps, is the safety
of knowing that anything in the Mac App Store has been vetted by
Apple.
 One way your Mac makes sure you’re (relatively safe) from rogue apps
is what’s called Gatekeeper. By default, this bit of software only
allows you to install verified apps from the Mac App Store on your
Mac. What if, however, you want to download software from a Mac
developer who doesn’t distribute their software on the Mac App Store?
You’ll need to bypass Gatekeeper in order to do so.
Here’s how to do that safely.

Launch your System Preferences app and head to the Security & Privacy
preference pane. You have three choices here. You can set Gatekeeper
to Allow applications downloaded from the Mac App Store, the Mac App
Store and identified developers, or Anywhere. The safest of these
options is obviously the first one, as it will keep any software not
downloaded via the Mac App Store from running on your Mac.
 Keep either of the top two options enabled, and when you download any
app that isn’t from the Mac App Store, nor from an identified
developer, your Mac won’t let you run it.
If you want to bypass this security feature, find the offending app,
and right click on it. That’s a two-finger click on a Macbook
trackpad, a Control-click on a single button mouse, or the actual
right mouse button on a multi-button mouse.
Choose Open in the pop up menu, and then choose Open on the resulting
dialog box, which will tell you that the app you’re trying to open is
from an unidentified developer. Once you choose to Open it this way,
the app will no longer trigger a Gatekeeper warning, so be sure you
know and trust the developer you got the app from.

hope that help, God bless you!

On 9/20/17, Daniel Quintana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I attempted to download OpenOffice version 4.1.3 onto my Mac with OS X
> version 10.12.6 and it was successful but when I opened the application
> this message came up:
>
> “OpenOffice” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
> Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App
> Store and identified developers.
>
> I attempted to bypass the Gatekeeper function but the message still
> appeared. Do you know if the 4.1.3 version of OpenOffice is compatible with
> my OS X version?
>
> I appreciate your help.
>
> Sincerely,
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Quintana
> M.A. in Counseling Psychology
> Sofia University (formerly Institute of Transpersonal Psychology)

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Unable to open OpenOffice on Mac

Steven Ahlers
Daniel,

Right click (control click) on the OpenOffice icon in the Applications Folder.
This will bring up dialogue about not being an App Store application. Click Open or Ok.
Brings up a confirming dialogue: Click Open or Ok.
OpenOffice should start and will continue to start whenever you want in the future until you down load the next update.
BTW you can copy the shortcut from the Applications Folder to your Dashboard to make it much easier to start in the future.

Steve
Sent from my iPad